My Hawaiian Beauty (Reveal) - The wait is over

Thanks, jackietong, jeshika, ReRe, kw919, beck77, sngsk, uclaboi and Juda!

Oooo, that does sound beautiful! The India Knot...how I wanted that Knot.

Ditto on the India Knot! Funny you mentioned it here because I was just telling Bryan the same when I was there. So sorry DH didn't like the PO. Is he blind? (Just kidding :P) Color is always a personal thing.

There are only 2 medium PO's left in Hawaii and I think around low to mid 20's in the US. So, whoever wants it, do think about it soon! I agree with Baggiana's assessment that it is different from Ottone chevre. Oftentimes, I hear people say both are similar but really they're not. Yes, they both have gold tones but the effect, texture, flop and feel are different.

This PO is amazing though. :graucho: Which brings me to a question......
TDL how stiff is the bag? Do the sides fold in and stay easily or would it need some training???? :wondering

Baggiana gave a very detailed answer (which I agree with) but let me also weigh in. "Stiff" is what I'd call the Tea Rame or the Cruise spazzolato Cabats (Fever, Anemone, Esperanza). The sides of the PO fold easily and there is no training required. Over time, I hear from blueiris and company that it will soften further though it will never be as floppy as the nappa.

Now just WHAT are you trying to do to me?????? :girlwhack: :hysteric:

We are trying to hypnotize you with the beauty of the PO! Baggiana with the words, me with the photos. Deal or no deal? :P Come on, you know you want it!

jeshika - I will not love this bag to death coz I already do! :yahoo:Looks, versatility, workhorse, magical color, indestructible & low maintenance - all these were reasons why I went for it. I am a happy camper!

Baggiana - congrats on the Karung Ottone half-moon clutch! Look forward to pictures!

Last edited:
So happy for you and yay, we are fraternal bag twins now! After seeing all your lovely pictures, I immediately took out my mini PO to admire it again. Everytime I look at it, I just love it more. Plus it's really versatile and matches almost everything I wear. It's starting to soften already.

Enjoy your cabat in good health!

Thanks, sweet rabbit and nycmom!

TDL just can't tell you how much I enjoyed your reveal. First the pictures are stunning, I have looked at lots of PO cabat pictures and yours are unique...the closeups are amazing and show this bag in a completely different light. Although I'm a totally silver vs gold kind of girl this bag is totally appealing in every way. I am amazed that there is really such a difference between bags, from one you saw previously and this one. I would have never thought that holding out to see a different bag might make all the difference. Plus the fact that you waited a while and looked at other cabats and this was still the one clearly says it will stand the test of time for you. It does look indestructable too. Super congrats to you.

Just to show everyone, I dug out the old photo I posted of the medium PO Cabat at my local BV last Oct.

attachment.php

While the bag is too zoomed out, do you somehow see that the above has more oxydized/mineral/mettalic while the one I actually have below has more gold?

(yellow lighting)

attachment.php

(flourescent lighting)

attachment.php

And originally I thought the width of the bag was too long. But not really especially when it's full. And there's always folding in case the bag is not so full and warrants it.

attachment.php

Congrats on your stunning Barcelona cabat! :yahoo: Yes, I am in the sisterhood of medium PO's, and mine came from a sister island too!

I remember your boutique modeling shot helped push me over the edge last fall, and your latest pics especially the close-up ones of the weave are phenomenal - they really show of the special beauty of the treatment. It's such a great cabat - I feel it's year-round and looks great with anything... such versatility really helps justify the price! :nuts: :graucho:

Enjoy your beauty!!

(and congrats Baggiana on getting your half moon clutch!!!!)

Last edited:
There are only 2 medium PO's left in Hawaii and I think around low to mid 20's in the US. So, whoever wants it, do think about it soon! I agree with Baggiana's assessment that it is different from Ottone chevre. Oftentimes, I hear people say both are similar but really they're not. Yes, they both have gold tones but the effect, texture, flop and feel are different.

Baggiana gave a very detailed answer (which I agree with) but let me also weigh in. "Stiff" is what I'd call the Tea Rame or the Cruise spazzolato Cabats (Fever, Anemone, Esperanza). The sides of the PO fold easily and there is no training required. Over time, I hear from blueiris and company that it will soften further though it will never be as floppy as the nappa.

We are trying to hypnotize you with the beauty of the PO! Baggiana with the words, me with the photos. Deal or no deal? :P Come on, you know you want it!

So I went to bed :yes: (at least on consignment) and I woke up :nogood:. Now I'm :thinking: again.......It's a good thing bags aren't an actual drug just a faux drug or I'd be dead by now. LOL. I have a feeling I might be in a mass grave too. :nuts:

There's this little thing called money :pout: I might monitor the count for a while and see how long I can put it off.

I can see the difference between the bags but they're both pretty. If I had my druthers I probably would pick a little more goldish one. But today off to buy Gucci slides. :P

If you find a minute to take a pic with the sides pushed in I'd love to see it since this is the only way I'd wear it. Thanks. :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks, BAL_fanatic, anteaterquaker, leilani01, blugenie, mariabdc!

Congrats on your stunning Barcelona cabat! :yahoo: Yes, I am in the sisterhood of medium PO's, and mine came from a sister island too!

I remember your boutique modeling shot helped push me over the edge last fall, and your latest pics especially the close-up ones of the weave are phenomenal - they really show of the special beauty of the treatment. It's such a great cabat - I feel it's year-round and looks great with anything... such versatility really helps justify the price! :nuts: :graucho:

Hmmm, there must be something about the PO and the islands that makes the urge super-intoxicating! :biggrin: It's not just a great Cabat... it's the perfect Cabat IMO! :graucho: And yes, I went through the same rationalization you had above. Yes, I could've bought 2-3 other BV bags with the price but decided to bite the bullet and really go with what makes my heart sing.

I can see the difference between the bags but they're both pretty. If I had my druthers I probably would pick a little more goldish one. But today off to buy Gucci slides. :P

If you find a minute to take a pic with the sides pushed in I'd love to see it since this is the only way I'd wear it. Thanks. :smile:

BL - you crack us up! Gucci slides... well, "there's this little thing called money... " and you'll also need to use them for that. :graucho: Happy shopping! Yes, bags and shoes are one lethal combination!

My PO had to go back to the box yesterday since I am doing some volunteer work for the WTA (Women's Tennis Association) this weekend. I didn't want to use it since I'm going to be doing the gofer-ing and shuttling the players around in the hot hot sun. I am a tennis nut!

I've taken these the other day but didn't post (without and with flash respectively). It's partly folded in but the bag here is not empty. It still has my laptop and some of my other junk inside. The sides will fold further in if I removed the laptop. I will try to take tomorrow since I plan to use it on my first day back to work.

Attachments

• DSCN7875.JPG
    DSCN7875.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN7876.JPG
    DSCN7876.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 88