My happy H day...............

Jun 5, 2007
OK this is a long story so settle down and get comfy.

As some of you are aware I have been lusting after the Evelyne for sometime now. I've gone back and forth over what colour, size and strap type to get. Always know I wanted Clemence, just something about the look and and feel of the leather that I knew I had to have an H bag in Clemence. Well I finally decide on a Prune GM3. And then I decided I had to have it at the end of January. I made arrangements to meet up with mooks & allaboutnice so they could be there to share my joy. allaboutnice booked train tickets and the day was set. Or so I thought.................

I'd met up with mooks & aan just before Christmas in London and we spent a lovely day trawling round the H shops. I saw and fell in love with a Prune GM3 in Selfridges and if I'd had the money then I'd have got it. When we first met up and we were discussing what bag I might like to get I'd told aan I wanted an Evelyne and she asked me if I'd ordered it or enquired about it, and I thought she must be mad. I mean we were talking about an Evelyne you can just walk in and get one of those right??? So when I'd made the decision to get one at the end of January this is what I thought I would do. Walk in and buy it just like that!!!!!!

Well how wrong can a person be??? mooks PM'd me about a month ago to ask if I wanted her to enquire about Evelynes in London and see if we could get one put on hold. Well to get one put on hold first there must be one available. There was one Prune GM3 in the whole country and that was on hold for someone in the Sloane street store, and it was pretty definite they were going to take it. So as I was determined to have an Evelyne by the end of the month I gave mooks some other colour combinations I would have been happy with, there must've been about 10 or 11 different combinations. Yet still no joy. There were a couple of Evelynes in Selfridges but they were Epsom. So no good. Other than those 2 there was not another Evelyne to be found in London. mooks had found some in Manchester but none of those were right either. Oh what to do what to do???

Then aan stepped in and she enquired for me in France where upon she was told that there was a Prune GM3 in Paris in George V. So mooks got on the phone to them and they very kindly agreed to put it on hold. They wouldn't transfer the bag to Bond street so as luck would have it mooks was off to Paris for the H sale and said she'd pick it up for me and bring it on the 31st when we were meeting up :yahoo:

This is an abridged version of the happenings, but let me tell you it has been a roller coaster. Neither mooks or myself could believe it could be so difficult to get hold of an Evelyne. So without further ado I'm going to try and attach pics. Please be patient.

Please excuse my goofy face and double chin. I don't photograph well.

More pics to follow..........

Attachments

• DSC04811.jpg
    DSC04811.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC04810.jpg
    DSC04810.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC04812.jpg
    DSC04812.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC04814.jpg
    DSC04814.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 16
love the utter joy on your face! prune will look fabulous and dramatic with your gorgeous hair!

attachment.php

Heres some more. I'm drawing it out as I've never been able to do a reveal before. Please note my H horn pendant too, which i got just before Christmas.

Attachments

• DSC04815.jpg
    DSC04815.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC04818.jpg
    DSC04818.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC04821.jpg
    DSC04821.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC04822.jpg
    DSC04822.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC04825.jpg
    DSC04825.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 23
YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I have been waiting for this thread!!!!!

At long last your dream bag has found its home,I'm so thrilled for you!