My hair is falling out!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I know it's normal to lose some hair after having a baby but I'm losing a lot!
    And it looks like my hairline has disappeared! It's thinned out so bad that it (I hate to use this word) looks like I'm balding:shocked:! I'm so upset. My hair feels really thin now. And it keeps shedding! What can I do? Any shampoos, vitamins? any advice at all would be great!

2. Same thing happened to me....it has lessened up some, but its still coming out. I would love to know if anyone has any suggestions or advice too!

3. Try going to a dermatologist....If you're Bf-ing I don't know if it's safe to use Rogaine for Women so definitely try going to a derm...they'll probably do a blood test to check your hormones

4. it's the hormones...it will get better soon after everything gets back to normal.

after my first son was born i had a wad of hair every morning on my pillow. i clogged the shower numerous times. that went on for month and months. i haven't really noticed it this time around tho....hmmm.

5. Mine is just now starting to come back in. I lost so much, I couldn't put it in a ponytail, because it looked so bad at the crown, it def. looked like balding. I wouldn't use rogaine, they say once you start using it you shouldn't stop.

6. My hair is falling out too. Danielle, I didn't notice it until my baby was around three months old. But I only notice it in the shower and it isn't so much that I notice a change in the hair on my head.

Def go to the doctor! The amount that you're losing sounds excessive to me.

7. Don't worry. I lost clumps with both of my kids for about 9 months post partum. I would run my fingers through my hair and entire clumps would come out. My hairline had thinned as well and I could wind my ponytail holder several times around my significantly thinner ponytail. My youngest is now 2 and my hair is back to its normal thickness. It will get better. I have heard that when pregnant, you don't lose as much hair as you are supposed to so it all comes out post partum. I don't know how much truth there is to that but I have heard it several times.

8. Thanks for the replies! I remember losing hair when I had my first, but not as much as this time. I had a blood transfusion after I had her and heard that anemia can make it worse. I don't think I'm anemic though and they forgot to have me tested at my postpartum appointment. I think I'm going to try and change up my diet and take more omegas and vitamins. I'm also going to try this Nature's Gate Biotin Shampoo/Conditioner. I'll let you all know it works! I wonder how I can fix my hair so it not as noticeable? It's above my forehead and by my temples? I'm afraid to even mess with my hair though...yipes!

9. ^sounds good but definitely try going to the derm to be on the safe side and have peace of mind

11. Thats really interesting. I never knew that happened.

12. Yep, count me in! My hair is falling out a lot when I shower, i have to clear away the hair like twice while showering.....hopefully it'll stop soon. I do have a lot of hair but at the rate I'm going, it wont be long til I don't!!

Danielle--I think omgsweet is right, it usually starts around 3 months postpartum.....get your de-clogger on stand by! ;)

13. Mine's falling out too...it started at around 3 months. It came out in clumps in the shower! It's getting better though, my baby is now 4.5 months. I hope it stops soon!

14. Mine fell out for a while after giving birth...right around the time I stopped BFing (when DS was 7 months) is when it stopped falling out, but the damage was done. I had to wear a headband when wearing a ponytail since my hair was too short around the crown for it to be pulled back! It is growing back, but I'm getting ready for it to start up again in several months!

15. Go back to your OB. A GF of mine had the same thing and he gave her something...not sure what...can't remember.