My HAC is ready to come home...ALREADY????

AuthenticLux

Mom/Feminist/Veteran
O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
It was not that long ago (10 days ago to be exact) that I took my HAC in to have the PH looked at. I don't know if I posted about this before but the PH had this very strange black stain/tarnish all over it. Very noticeable and very strange. It almost felt like it appeared overnight?

Anyway, I got the call to come pick it up today and that it's looking great, according to my SA. My SA also said that if it is not to my satisfaction, they will work on it again.

Is it just me or is that a little odd? Almost too soon? Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining but I truly thought the hardware was going to have to be replaced.

I wish I had taken before photos! I guess I will know more when I go in either today or tomorrow.

Anyone else have HW repairs or any other repair come back so fast? I feel bad for being so skeptical but it seems very fast to me, especially for Hermes.

Yes, it does seem a little quick. Because they would have had to send it L.A. and then back, isn't that right??
For reference, the sealing on the handle of one of my Birkins came off recently --- just a very tiny spot, and it took 2 wks. Which was the shortest time I have ever had anything touched up, but my last "spa" on a bag took 2 months.....so unless they were able to use silver polish 'in store' it seems as though that was quite expedited service.

Yes, it does seem a little quick. Because they would have had to send it L.A. and then back, isn't that right??
For reference, the sealing on the handle of one of my Birkins came off recently --- just a very tiny spot, and it took 2 wks. Which was the shortest time I have ever had anything touched up, but my last "spa" on a bag took 2 months.....so unless they were able to use silver polish 'in store' it seems as though that was quite expedited service.

That's exactly what I was thinking but I was told it was being sent to Beverly Hills when I left it with them. Maybe it wasn't?

Just wanted to know if it seemed a little fast to anyone else.

It definitely is fast! Maybe they could polish it at the store with a little cloth or something.

If you're not ready yet for your HAC to come home, send her my way and I'll give her a loving roof to live under until you're ready ;)!

It definitely is fast! Maybe they could polish it at the store with a little cloth or something.

If you're not ready yet for your HAC to come home, send her my way and I'll give her a loving roof to live under until you're ready ;)!

Oh, I'm ready - believe me, just totally shocked. But you got it, Hello. If she needs time away from me ( I am sure she gets sick of me oggling her all the time!), I'll keep you in mind!;)

Seems really, really fast, AL! I left my vintage Marron Kelly there May 2nd and haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. But, it took almost 2 months to get my Toile/Box combo Kelly back so........

^^^ That's what I expected! It took 3 months before my Barenia HAC came back from the spa so I thought, OK, this will be a little less or maybe eben the same. It's weird, isn't it???

I'll have to update this thread when I get it back tomorrow.