My H collection

peekaboo1

Jun 14, 2008
London, UK
Hi, I have been a lurker here on and off for a few years as I built up my (modest) collection of H. Reading the stories and comments, as well as the warmth with which you all share your precious purchases, I thought it was time for me to contribute my H story so far....

It all began a few years ago when DH (then DB) bought me my first scarf... When I saw the orange bag for the first time, my heart skipped. But as I pulled the box out of the bag, the box was round!?! What on earth???

That round box was my first plisse...

Attachments

peekaboo1

Jun 14, 2008
London, UK
My love for plisses thus began, and over the years I acquired a few more

(apologies for the abysmal camera work - I am incapable of taking a decent photo)

The last one is actually a bright yellow, which is just stunning!

Attachments

peekaboo1

Jun 14, 2008
London, UK
In the meantime, I decided I wanted a 90 scarf. So back in June 2008, I was in Los Angeles and had a free couple of hours so decided to pop down to the H store on Rodeo Drive to have a look. I had always found the London H stores (or should I say the SAs) rather intimidating but recalled that the BH store had been much less so on prior visits.

There was a lovely SA who helped me pick out a tie for DH, and showed me how to use my scarf ring... and I ended up buying a my first "normal" scarf - the Dreamcatcher

As she was putting some of the other scarves away, I asked her if they had any of the "famous bags", expecting that she would point to one that I could drool over through the glass. Instead she walks over to the cabinet and brings down a Birkin - in my favourite colour - in the perfect size - with the HW I would want - and tells me to have a play! I had walked into this store with no intention of ever buying a Birkin, with no idea about the type of leather I would want, what colour I would want. And here in front of me was what was quite obviously my HG, without even knowing it!

While I played, 2 women started asking about Birkins and were told that this was the only one they had. I didn't really know what to do... so I bought it! Talk about beginners luck....

Presenting my 30 togo chocolate Birkin

Attachments

peekaboo1

Jun 14, 2008
London, UK
All the while selectively adding to my 90s when I found a design that spoke to me...

I do find them hard to wear though. I have heard that if you dry clean them they soften up and are easier to wear (according to the SA I spoke to on Madison Ave last week), but I don't know who to trust for dry cleaning in Central London.

But then last week I discovered 90 dip dyes - the softness of 70s with the size of the 90s... Finally! Apparently there will be many more designs coming in SS11 :smile:

Attachments

peekaboo1

Jun 14, 2008
London, UK
After swearing to DH that I only needed 1 H bag in my life, I then discovered something that I knew would make me break my promise... the Lindy.

For 2 years I resisted. Initially every Lindy I saw was black, or brown, and I decided I wanted something a bit more fun.

Then I saw one in a redish colour and realised that was just going to work for me ( I have very classic taste when push comes to shove)...

I have the good/bad luck of working across the street from the Royal Exchange, so every few weeks I would pop in and see if anything grabbed me....

And then one day a few months ago, I got a funny feeling... something was calling me to the store... I resisted... until I could resist no longer... I walked into the store and there she was... not quite the size I was originally after (30)... not a colour I had really expected to appeal to me... but it just felt right as soon as I tried her on...

Lindy 34 clemence in Bleu Abysse

peekaboo1

Jun 14, 2008
London, UK
Thank you lovelychocolate and ellayplam.

I am going to try to be good for a while and save some money (until the next temptation appears). DH is trying hard to introduce me to some other brands and I've got a couple of nice scarves and bags from Ferragamo (he thinks the quality to price ratio is better!), but for now I am on the orange side :smile:

Am trying really hard to not like Constance and Jypsiere...

Mar 26, 2009
Love your yellow scarf! I am a sucker for colours. And the Birkin is so beautiful!

There is a very good dry cleaner in Harrords 102 (across the road from harrods main store towards South Ken). I sent my DVF silk dress with chocolate stain and they did a brilliant job! It was as good as new!

alismarr

O.G.
Aug 8, 2010
U.K
Lovely collection and super birkin - I love the chocolate with the gold hardware - congratulations!!