My gut feeling tells me not to ship to this buyer...

Very weird!

Yes you are correct, it is a shipito address.

Should I not have messaged the buyer? [emoji15] The item he bought are teeth whitening kits. He said he buys hundreds every week so it's safe to say I think he is a reseller which I am fine with but he said he doesn't know how many he purchased from me which is a bit odd...
I don't think it is that odd. He probably didn't realize that you were the same seller from the first batch when he purchased the second batch. He is probably a reseller. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Too bad Watchcount doesn't work anymore. You could check his history to see if it is true. Have you checked his feedback? Does it support his claim that he buys hundreds a week? Maybe they aren't available in his country.

I don't think it is that odd. He probably didn't realize that you were the same seller from the first batch when he purchased the second batch. He is probably a reseller. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Too bad Watchcount doesn't work anymore. You could check his history to see if it is true. Have you checked his feedback? Does it support his claim that he buys hundreds a week? Maybe they aren't available in his country.

Oh you do bring up a good point.

Yes I did check his feedback, all positive feedback. His feedback as a buyer doesn't show what items he is buying but when I go to the sellers pages they are all sellers of oral hygiene products. His feedback as a seller is from over a year ago and they are for the most part whitening kits.

Very weird!

Yes you are correct, it is a shipito address.

Should I not have messaged the buyer? [emoji15] The item he bought are teeth whitening kits. He said he buys hundreds every week so it's safe to say I think he is a reseller which I am fine with but he said he doesn't know how many he purchased from me which is a bit odd...
nothing wrong with you messaging the buyer; I meant in regards to Ebay's flakey advice about "going with their gut" - what kind of company advises their customer in such a flimsy way

^^^This! Many items either aren't available or are prohibitively expensive in other countries. Even when items are available in their own country, it's often less expensive to buy from US sellers and import into the buyer's own country. Such is the case with many health and beauty items.

You have to learn to read the person. Maybe communicate,read reviews,etc.. also if you are in US always add to your listing Global shipping program .
Now about the address
It could be that international customers using middle man company to avoid major taxes fees. There are companies who providing this service and rightfully ...
I have family back in Europe
So used to ship gifts and one time my mom had to pay 25% tax fee. I was very upset. It supposed to be a gift ....
so some countries charge crazy taxes
Maybe that was the case.
So you always use pros and cons and what was your first intuition

Sorry this has happened to you OP. This all just sounds fishy to me too. I agree with the other posters that the advice Evil Bay gave you was just stupid. "Follow your gut?" You've got to be kidding me!
Best of luck! Hope it all works out in our favor whatever you decide to do. :confused1: Wish I had an answer for you.

It's not a scam. They're just using shipito shipping service to make shipping overseas a bit less expensive. Personally I'd have used viabox as they're cheaper still (and I can pay in bitcoins) but the buyer didn't do anything dodgy.

The absolute cheapest is viabox. You've got the option of paying with bitcoins with them too, which is a nice bonus.

I recommend using viabox instead of myus.com. They're the cheapest freight forwarder around in terms of shipping fees and are more reliable too. Hope this helps
Are you affiliated with that shipping company? It's odd that you just joined today and all your posts are promoting that company!