My Grenat Work is MISSING!!

abi319

O.G.
Feb 16, 2007
I am just sooooo sad. I bought this Grenat Work just recently and I love her to pieces but a situation arose and I needed to sell her, so I shipped this beauty to Alberta, Canada from Ontario via Express (2 day guaranteed shipment) to a friend of mine. I checked tracking and it showed that it was indeed successfully delivered two days after (which was DEC 1st). The bad news is that the bag never reached my friend and we are now just hoping that it will somehow turn up and that it is just lost in the holiday rush. It has been 8 days now since she was supposedly delivered and she is still missing...
This package wasnt even insured!
I am posting here only because no one else can understand my anguish other than my tPF family...
:cry::cry:
Do send me some good vibes my way please...I promise NOT to sell her if she just comes back to me safely....
Please do learn from this, and never ever send a purse out uninsured!

Attachments

• grenat bal.jpg
    grenat bal.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 195
I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Does the tracking show the time of the delivery? If it does, was your friend home during that time? If she was home but didn't receive it, the package is probably lost. :sad: But if she wasn't home, perhaps she should check with her neighbors. I read from our eBay forum a couple of times about postmen leaving packages with a neighbor when nobody's home to receive the package.

Missing for 8 days is a long time but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Wish you the best, OP.

Have either of you looked into this at the PO ? You should be able to find out who signed for it...does she live in an apartment block or anything ?
Hope it turns up soon !

Oh my dear abi, sweet friend, I JUST had this happen to me a couple weeks ago but here in the US. Some very scary moments for sure, my stomach was in knots. Shipped Priority (2-3 days guaranteed) and it took a full week. That has never happened to me EVER.

It is the holidays, they are overloaded, I have faith that your Bal will reach it's new owner. Hang in there, it will make it there!

Good thing to post here for sure for support, I emailed a friend of mine frantically late one night and she calmed me down, what a lifesaver!

xoxoxox Hugs to you!

Thanks ladies for your kind thoughts. The problem with this package is that my friend didnt need to sign for it so long as there were no customs fees. It is completely my fault, I should have been more worried and I should not have assumed that because the shipment was just within Canada it would be safer. I just had to learn the hard way that insurance should have been purchased regardless of where the bag was going.
Any mail being delivered would have gone into a neighborhood mailbox (for letters).Bigger packages would go into a bigger sized box and a key to that box would have been placed in the smaller mailbox.
Yesterday, my friend actually got a notice to claim a package which we thought was the Bal Work but sadly, it was a mistake,the postman put in a notice into her mailbox by mistake. If it had not been a HUGE box she would have just received the key and could have taken the package from the bigger receptacle...and a dishonest person could have just walked away with my Bal if this happened when the bag was said to have been delivered.
What a mess. Im just sooo weak with worry. Then again, I worry in vain as there isnt anything I can really do.
Sad, sad, sad....

Ahhhh, I see now. I saw it was you and wanted to post so quickly to show support that I don't think I fully understood that it has already been delivered.

I will continue to send my good wishes in your northernly direction that the person who received your box will do the right thing and either forward it to your friend or return it to you.

Hugs, big hugs to you!

Thanks ladies for your kind thoughts. The problem with this package is that my friend didnt need to sign for it so long as there were no customs fees. It is completely my fault, I should have been more worried and I should not have assumed that because the shipment was just within Canada it would be safer. I just had to learn the hard way that insurance should have been purchased regardless of where the bag was going.
Any mail being delivered would have gone into a neighborhood mailbox (for letters).Bigger packages would go into a bigger sized box and a key to that box would have been placed in the smaller mailbox.
Yesterday, my friend actually got a notice to claim a package which we thought was the Bal Work but sadly, it was a mistake,the postman put in a notice into her mailbox by mistake. If it had not been a HUGE box she would have just received the key and could have taken the package from the bigger receptacle...and a dishonest person could have just walked away with my Bal if this happened when the bag was said to have been delivered.
What a mess. Im just sooo weak with worry. Then again, I worry in vain as there isnt anything I can really do.
Sad, sad, sad....
I'm assuming it was Xpresspost? Since when does Xpresspost just drop off packages in mailboxes? I always have to sign for something sent within Canada, even if the sender did ask for signature confirmation. It has nothing to do with customs, it's just a more secure delivery that they have. Xpresspost has insurance up to $100, but that's not much is it?

Or did you send Expedited?

Yes,i did send through Xpresspost and based on what ive been reading on the canada post website,apparently you need to pay for signature confirmation. My friend went to the PO thinking our package had arrived (as she got a notice) but it was a different box and the notice was put in her mailbox by mistake. The guy manning the counter told her that the bag could possibly still be at the depot even if it shows as succesfully delivered on their system...how weird is that?!?
I wish there was something i could do,but i already filed an inquiry and they told me they would have to get back to me by Monday.
Strangely enough,i sent another package by regular mail to Scarborough and it was due to be delivered dec1st as well and NADA. Two packages sent on the same day and both are missing. Having terrible luck recently...
Thanks again to everyone for all your wishes,and to LoveHandbags,my dear,thank you. You are a sweetheart and have made me feel much better!

Yes,i did send through Xpresspost and based on what ive been reading on the canada post website,apparently you need to pay for signature confirmation. My friend went to the PO thinking our package had arrived (as she got a notice) but it was a different box and the notice was put in her mailbox by mistake. The guy manning the counter told her that the bag could possibly still be at the depot even if it shows as succesfully delivered on their system...how weird is that?!?
I wish there was something i could do,but i already filed an inquiry and they told me they would have to get back to me by Monday.
Strangely enough,i sent another package by regular mail to Scarborough and it was due to be delivered dec1st as well and NADA. Two packages sent on the same day and both are missing. Having terrible luck recently...
Thanks again to everyone for all your wishes,and to LoveHandbags,my dear,thank you. You are a sweetheart and have made me feel much better!
I find the guys at the counter don't know very much. If it scans "delivered" I bet it was. I guess you have to keep pestering Canada Post.

Are you saying that anyone at this mailbox can get inside and pick up something that isn't theirs?

As for regular mail at this time of year - it's slow. You should use Expedtied next time, it doesn't cost that much more... it's cheaper than Xpresspost and just as slow as regular mail but it has DC and insurance (if you pay for the insurance.)

Keep us updated on your bag and your fight with Canada Post!