My Gorgeous "New" Marine 07, or Marine 08, or Officer, or...? Help

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
O.G.
Mar 31, 2012
Received my pre-loved GSH city that was advertised as Marine 2007.

However, it appears (not sure how accurate this is though) that GSH wasn't released until F/W 2007. Marine, however, was released in S/S 2007. If this is correct, then this would not be a 2007 Marine, but it could be a 2008 Marine.

But from the pics I've seen - I'm starting to wonder if it's even Marine, and not a 2009 Officer. I've only seen both in pictures and sometimes, they look almost exactly the same.

Either way, this bag is authentic. It's from Yoogi's and I posted it in the authentication thread prior to purchasing. I've also spent hours today comparing it to my other GSH city bags that I purchased directly from Bal- this bag is 100% authentic.

However, for those of you that have seen or owned or either, or even both, what do you think? Was Marine released in 07 with GSH? Or is this a 2008 Marine? Or, is there even a chance this may be officer?

Either way, I'm keeping the bag.. love the color- it's a true navy, and the only place it's faded is the corners. Whoever had this bag kept it in very good condition.

Some pics. The other Blue is my rh Bleu Mineral city.

20170328_133431.jpg bandmo.jpg

i can't help with the color but i love both, especially your Bleu Mineral. i :heart: blue bags, too. and it does look in excellent condition, it's so nice when other people treat their bags well for our eventual benefit

Thank you, and yes, it's very nice.
Now if I can only figure out the year/and or color.

Effusive congratulations on both of your Blue Bal beauties, BPC!! :loveeyes: I have a 2007 Marine GGH part time, and it is definitely a much deeper, richer navy color and has silky soft leather, and I agree with you wholeheartedly that your bag is definitely not a 2007 Marine. Also, yes Marine from 2007 only came with GGH hardware, and was not released with silver hardware so it is not possible to locate a 2007 Marine with GSH hardware.

Your bag does not look like Marine from 2008 either in my opinion, but instead the color and leather both look like an Officier from 2009, one that was not as deeply saturated throughout and perhaps somewhat faded. I hope this helps and would love to hear your thoughts. May you carry them both in vibrant health for years to come. Enjoy!! :smile:

Reactions: BPC
I like this color a lot and it looks to be in great condition. Hope others can help you identify the color. Enjoy!
Thank you. The condition is very good, no fading except for the corners.

Effusive congratulations on both of your Blue Bal beauties, BPC!! :loveeyes: I have a 2007 Marine GGH part time, and it is definitely a much deeper, richer navy color and has silky soft leather, and I agree with you wholeheartedly that your bag is definitely not a 2007 Marine. Also, yes Marine from 2007 only came with GGH hardware, and was not released with silver hardware so it is not possible to locate a 2007 Marine with GSH hardware.

Your bag does not look like Marine from 2008 either in my opinion, but instead the color and leather both look like an Officier from 2009, one that was not as deeply saturated throughout and perhaps somewhat faded. I hope this helps and would love to hear your thoughts. May you carry them both in vibrant health for years to come. Enjoy!! :smile:
Thank you.
I should clarify and say the Bleu Mineral was always my bag, I just took a pic with the other (Officer? lol) for comparison.

And yes, definitely not from 2007. Aside from the GSH hardware issue, the mirror has no pocket and I believe they got rid of that in 2008.

I'm also leaning towards Officer, but that would be big discrepancy for Yoogi's. Going from a 2007 Marine to a 2009 Officer isn't just an error in the year, it's an error in the color too.

Reactions: maroon72
Received my pre-loved GSH city that was advertised as Marine 2007.

However, it appears (not sure how accurate this is though) that GSH wasn't released until F/W 2007. Marine, however, was released in S/S 2007. If this is correct, then this would not be a 2007 Marine, but it could be a 2008 Marine.

But from the pics I've seen - I'm starting to wonder if it's even Marine, and not a 2009 Officer. I've only seen both in pictures and sometimes, they look almost exactly the same.

Either way, this bag is authentic. It's from Yoogi's and I posted it in the authentication thread prior to purchasing. I've also spent hours today comparing it to my other GSH city bags that I purchased directly from Bal- this bag is 100% authentic.

However, for those of you that have seen or owned or either, or even both, what do you think? Was Marine released in 07 with GSH? Or is this a 2008 Marine? Or, is there even a chance this may be officer?

Either way, I'm keeping the bag.. love the color- it's a true navy, and the only place it's faded is the corners. Whoever had this bag kept it in very good condition.

Some pics. The other Blue is my rh Bleu Mineral city.

View attachment 3649103 View attachment 3649104
These are both GORGEOUS blues & I love seeing your comparison/side-by-side pic to show the colors. STUNNING! I had an Officier bag before & it was a gorgeous color but on my screen neither of your bags look like the depth of the color my bag was (but I obviously could be wrong because reading colors of monitors can be quite tricky!)

These are both GORGEOUS blues & I love seeing your comparison/side-by-side pic to show the colors. STUNNING! I had an Officier bag before & it was a gorgeous color but on my screen neither of your bags look like the depth of the color my bag was (but I obviously could be wrong because reading colors of monitors can be quite tricky!)
Thank you, Kendie. Yep, decided it's Marine..lol..
But wrong or right, I love it :biggrin:

Reactions: Kendie26
Thank you, Kendie. Yep, decided it's Marine..lol..
But wrong or right, I love it :biggrin:

I think it's an Officer. I have both 08 Marine and 09 Officier. The Officier is much darker than Marine and Marine pull blue while Officier pull more blacken deeper blue. But that's from my screen. [emoji4] It's lovely. Congrats on your new bag. [emoji4]

I think it's an Officer. I have both 08 Marine and 09 Officier. The Officier is much darker than Marine and Marine pull blue while Officier pull more blacken deeper blue. But that's from my screen. [emoji4] It's lovely. Congrats on your new bag. [emoji4]

lol.. thank you! and just when I decided to call it Marine.. haha.