My Glitter Girl

Oct 3, 2007
I usually hang out in the LV and Hermes Forums. More lately in Hermes. I posted a picture of my horse "Glitter" in the Your Hermes in Action thread. A couple people messaged me and wanted to see more of my girl. Many Hermes enthusiasts are horse lovers so it didn't surprise me that there was some interest.

Glitter is a registered Quarter Horse mare. She is a great all around horse. She loves riding trails and working with cattle. I ride Western these days. I have no doubt I could throw an English saddle on her and she wouldn't even notice. She can even be ridden "bridleless" which means she wouldn't have anything on her head and would respond strictly from leg cues.

You don't hear the term "strawberry roan" much anymore but that refers to her color. Hope those people who reached out enjoy more pictures of Glitter. BTW, that was her "barn name" when I purchased her. Often times owners won't refer to a horse by any given name, thinking that the future owner might want to choose their own name. I thought Glitter fit her and never changed it!

IMG_1820.JPG IMG_2066.jpg IMG_2768 (2).JPG IMG_1818.JPG

very pretty! my first (and only horse) i've ever owned was a thoroughbred who was mostly dapple grey but had a hint of strawberry roan (mostly showed up in her hair). glitter is such an awesome name!
I love dapple grey! I have an old grey Paso Fino in addition to Glitter. He started life as a Rose Grey, but is now mostly white. I wish grey would stay grey!

Reactions: crisbac
I literally melt when I see horses as there eyes are full of soul. You are blessed with such a lovely animal.❤️