My Glam Bag Thread

Spfstar

O.G.
Apr 6, 2009
Hey Ladies,

So I was browsing beauty videos on youtube and Michelle Phan has created a new beauty sampling bag (like Birchbox) called My Glam.

Birchbox has been disappointing lately, and I don't want to spend on another beauty box... except the brands on this look promising (UD, NYX, Tarte, etc).

What do you think? Is this a Yay, or a Nay? I want to see a picture of the products after someone signs up, lol.

Hey Ladies,

So I was browsing beauty videos on youtube and Michelle Phan has created a new beauty sampling bag (like Birchbox) called My Glam.

Birchbox has been disappointing lately, and I don't want to spend on another beauty box... except the brands on this look promising (UD, NYX, Tarte, etc).

What do you think? Is this a Yay, or a Nay? I want to see a picture of the products after someone signs up, lol.

Interesting! I found a pic of what's in the Glam bag on FB. They do look like deluxe samples but I also know that Birchbox has deluxe sample photos all over their website, but yet for the 4/5 months I was in their program, it was not like that (not to mention that I never received any make-up samples either lol).

Tempting though! Maybe we should sign up now while the samples are good. lol

303705_258853630828632_235333279847334_664866_2134572195_n.jpg

I like Michelle, and signed up right away. If the samples I get are the ones you see you in the picture above, I will be very happy and feel its worth $10.

However, if it becomes like Birchbox, I will cancel. I never subscribed to Birchbox because whenever I watched reveal videos on youtube, it seems like most of the samples were face or hair products in those little foil packets. I hope MyGlam doesn't end up like that because I will never veer from my current face routine and think hair products in that small a sample are pointless.

I am thinking about joining too. I killed my Birchbox after 3 months....very disappointed with it. This box actually actually gives you make up/skincare items - not snack bars or anything non-beauty related.

my friend told me about this the other day. i'm thinking of getting it as an xmas gift for my sister. i think it'd be neat for her to receive something new every month of the year.

i've never heard of birchbox, but my friend also told me about glossy box, which is for the uk only.

My bag shipped like two or three days ago can't wait! I hope the lipgloss is sort of redish for xmas.

Did you get a shipping confirmation? I ordered last week and have only gotten an order confirmation.

I figure the stuff should probablely be good for the first few rounds so they can build a customer base.

Did you get a shipping confirmation? I ordered last week and have only gotten an order confirmation.

I figure the stuff should probablely be good for the first few rounds so they can build a customer base.

I did get a shipping confirmation. Are you sure you got the Dec. box, like before it was sold out?

I emailed them about signing up for a yearly subscription (since their system wouldn't let me due to being sold out) and I got a response that both December and January bags were sold out. She said that more bags will be available on Jan 1.

She also said all bags are on a first come, first serve basis which means that if you want to guarantee that you get a bag monthly, you basically need sign up for the prepaid yearly subscription.

I got my glambag today and am extremely pleased. Everything I got was as exactly pictured in the promo picture.

The full size UD eyeshadow made it worth $10 for me. As far as stuff not in the picture I also got a card for $15 off UD Book of Shadows IV, and 25% off bush and blemish control papers from mai couture.

I signed up for the monthly subscription, so I guess that means I'm not getting a January one? Because if January is sold out that must mean only the people who signed up for the year are getting it O_o ...if so that is kind of dissapointing.