My Givenchy Nightingale arrived, but ... (Reveal, sort of...))

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
O.G.
Nov 29, 2010
My obsession with the Givenchy Nightingale began late at night on Saturday the 7th of May. I bought a Nightingale on the 10th and it finally arrived today, the 17th.

The UPS guy rang my door bell and I ran like a giddy child to grab my package.

I opened it up and shrieked in delight. But then I touched it and, it just didn't 'touch' me back. And, it's all my fault.:cry: You know how you buy something without looking at the fine print? (Come on, I know I'm not the only one). Well, yeah, that's what has happened and my buyer's remorse is ginormous:yucky:

Here's a huge pic, so I don't get a 'this thread is useless without pics' from anyone. Explanation follows below...

IMG_4541-1.jpg

It looks fine, but I clearly missed the part that what I thought was patent leather, was actually POLYESTER :throwup: Don't get me wrong, if you want a polyester bag, that's fine with me. But, I didn't blow LOADS of money on a bag that has absolutely no leather in it.

And, does anyone know where Givenchy bags are (supposed to be) made? Please let me know.

The bag fits my stuff in it very well, but got heavy quickly...
IMG_4543-1.jpg

But, I had trouble using the shoulder strap. It was awkward. For anyone with the nightingale how do you use your shoulder strap?

And one final observation, this bag reminded me of my YSL easy when I unsnap the sides.

Anyway, I am returning this bad boy manana. Hopefully, I will find the nightingale in pebbled leather. Maybe taupe/grey/black.

Did I say I was sad?:crybaby:

Okay, rant over.

aw! don't you hate when you don't read fine print? once i bought a pair of shoes, the left shoe was an 8 and the right was a 6.5 :P i was able to return it, however. hopefully you love the other one you get!

I think your explanation was wonderful and you should return it for what you love! I couldn't agree more about plunking down Mega $'s on polyester! I'm sure the next one you buy will be fabulous! It's a good thing you bought it from a respectable concern and that you can return it.

aw! don't you hate when you don't read fine print? once i bought a pair of shoes, the left shoe was an 8 and the right was a 6.5 :P i was able to return it, however. hopefully you love the other one you get!

Please don't be upset but I had to stifle a chuckle at your shoe ordeal. You poor thing. Same thing almost happened to me once, when in my excitement I grabbed shoes without realizing they were different sizes. Luckily I realized right before purchasing.

This whole bag ordeal has got me miffed, but once I send this thing back, I'll be fine! Thanks for sharing your story. It made me smile :smile:

Please don't be upset but I had to stifle a chuckle at your shoe ordeal. You poor thing. Same thing almost happened to me once, when in my excitement I grabbed shoes without realizing they were different sizes. Luckily I realized right before purchasing.

This whole bag ordeal has got me miffed, but once I send this thing back, I'll be fine! Thanks for sharing your story. It made me smile :smile:

:lol: i was pissed at first, admittedly.. but i laughed later. i don't mind that you think it's amusing - if anything i'm glad i indirectly gave you a laugh!

I think your explanation was wonderful and you should return it for what you love! I couldn't agree more about plunking down Mega $'s on polyester! I'm sure the next one you buy will be fabulous! It's a good thing you bought it from a respectable concern and that you can return it.

Thanks bgaholic,:hugs: I most definitely will be returning the bag. I just wish I'd ordered the perfect bag in the first place. *sigh*

Ah ha! I was wondering who would get an Easy as well as a Nightingale. Now granted, it's the wrong material, but how close is the Nightingale to the Easy? Are straps "carryable" on the shoulder? How's the size? The Givenchy seems so much larger. Do tell everything!!!

Ah ha! I was wondering who would get an Easy as well as a Nightingale. Now granted, it's the wrong material, but how close is the Nightingale to the Easy? Are straps "carryable" on the shoulder? How's the size? The Givenchy seems so much larger. Do tell everything!!!

Hmm, good idea, Grietje. Let me go take comparison pics. Will put them up later and include my conclusions/thoughts. Glad I saw this before shipping back the bag.

Aluxe - This is too funny. I assume this bag is from Bluefly? Reason I asked is because I saw it last weekend also and had it in my cart for 30 min., right before I checked out I decided to read the fine print and noticed that it was polyester instead of patent leather!!

So I completely understand your disappointment!

Aluxe - This is too funny. I assume this bag is from Bluefly? Reason I asked is because I saw it last weekend also and had it in my cart for 30 min., right before I checked out I decided to read the fine print and noticed that it was polyester instead of patent leather!!

So I completely understand your disappointment!

Way to rub it in, Couture_CL!!!!! "I saw it last weekend also and had it in my cart for 30 min., right before I checked out I decided to read the fine print and noticed that it was polyester instead of patent leather!!"

Yes, yes, you read the fine print while my silly behind neglected to. :P heehee.

Well, I'm glad you didn't make the same mistake I did!

But, really, who makes polyester bags for Christ's sakes? And why? :nogood:

Lololol I didn't mean to rub it in :smile: I almost made the same mistake and quite frankly I normally don't read the fine prints either except I didn't know what got to me that day hahahah. So this could have been me lol.

Although, Chanel does make vinyl bags.....I am guilty of in fact owning one (my avatar). I love it but honestly if I do it over again I probably wouldn't spend all that money on a "plastic" bag, it is a little silly when people oooh and ahhhh over my bag and I'm like guess what it's vinyl not patent leather, then they look at you like you are crazy. Yeah....

Oh no...sorry about this...I'd be beside myself...if ever there was a good reason to return a bag...this is it. Don't blame you at all!! Polyester...not happening for that kind of money.

(Was just on another thread and OP is gonna return a flawless awesome bag because it has a "fingerprint" on the Lock...WTF no...Really???)

you use the strap as you'd do normally with any other bag, except some ppl find how the bag "settles" or "drapes" or "falls" against their body to be a bit awkward. i personally dont mind it tho...