My Gigi vs. Luci scientific experiment pics

Wow, great pics. Both bags are gorgeous. I'm a short 5'2'', so I usually prefer bags that are short in height, but wide in width. That way, when I carry my handbag in the crook of my arm, it doesn't hit my knee while I walk. But for you, I agree with the girls: I think the Gigi looks a little bit better on you. Yur carry both well, but I think the Gigi is a teeny-tiny bit better than the Luci. :P

Also, I prefer bags that are easy to access, usually totes. Trust me, it will become a PITA when shopping and you have to zip open and zip close your bag just to access your wallet everytime you need to pay for something.

I didn't read every post but wanted to chime in. Both are gorgeous and it's so cool to see them side by side. That said, I prefer the Gigi. I like how it looks on you better. Thanks for taking time to post these!

B.Jara,

Thanks so much for the comparison photos!! I was really torn between getting a black leather vs. walnut leather GIGI. I ended up ordering the black, but after seeing your pictures, I think the walnut will suit my wardrobe and lifestyle much better. Love the color of the walnut. I really wanted the whiskey (sold out), but I think the walnut is very close so this would be perfect. Thanks for helping me decide!

B.Jara -

Can you confirm that your bag is the walnut GIGI? In looking at the Coach website, the walnut color there looks really dark (almost like a chocolate brown?). Is the walnut a lot like whiskey - or is it really as dark as it looks in the website?

The biggest deciding factor here is the uses of each bag. Gigi is fantastic for work and it can easily be dressed up for a fun, hip outfit. The Luci is a dressier bag and could not serve you well if you need it for work. Your use is what will dictate the tough decision.

Besides this, the vintage leather the Gigi is crafted from will develop a gorgeous patina over time. The Gigi will look better for longer. The more you handle the bag, the natural oils from your hand will rub into the leather to create a gorgeous shine. This can be seen in any "Whiskey" colored bad in the Legacy line. The soft smooth leather the Luci bag is crafted from will show scratches more easily, especially if you do not moisturize your bag occasionally.

Hope this helps!:yes:

Thank you! :flowers:

I think you might be referring to Miranda that has the smooth leather. The Luci and the Gigi in the walnut color are both made of the same vintage leather that will develop the patina. :smile:

B.Jara -

Can you confirm that your bag is the walnut GIGI? In looking at the Coach website, the walnut color there looks really dark (almost like a chocolate brown?). Is the walnut a lot like whiskey - or is it really as dark as it looks in the website?

Yes, mine is the walnut Gigi. The picture of it on Coach.com is VERY dark...and not at all how it is in real life. If you look on the website at the walnut Luci, that is what the Gigi should look like on there....and what it looks like in real life.

I just want to say, thank you all who responded! All the compliments, comments and suggestions helped me immensely. :flowers: :hugs: :flowers:

Reluctantly, Luci must go back tomorrow....but Gigi is here to stay! :yahoo: Luci will find herself on the loving arm of a satchel toting gal very soon! :heart:

Have them both in hand, so I thought I would post some comparison pictures.

I have pretty much made a decision, but I would love feedback from the pros. :flowers:

Despite thinking Luci is the most chic Coach bag I have seen in a long time, I think the Gigi is pretty darn cool as well. Due to my height (5'8") and the way that the bags hang on my shoulder (Miss Gigi having wayyy more clearance vs. Ms. Luci) and where they hang to on my body, (Luci is shorter and wider, Gigi is longer and more narrow) I really believe that Gigi is the style best for me. I can't/won't keep both, even if they were different colors.

Also, with the Gigi, I can pick up the bag and swing it on my shoulder with using only one hand. With Luci, it takes two to get it on my shoulder. I have a bag or two now that requires two hands, and it gets annoying while shopping, etc.

OK, enough blabbering...modeling pics will be in the next post.

...........Luci.....................Gigi................side by side...........bottoms :shame:

I like the Gigi better! I want to have one!

I like the Gigi better and think that bag looks great on you.

I don't like the proportions of the Luci because I think the base is too wide for carrying on the shoulder so it wouldn't feel as comfortable on me as a bag with a slimmer base.

So I am glad you chose the Gigi in the end because that bag is fabulous! Congrats!