My Gerard Darel Bags Are Here!!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. So they weren't supposed to arrive until Tuesday (and I didn't even think that fedex delivered on mondays) - but this morning on my doorstep were my THREE Gerard Darel bags!!!

I can understand now why they're cult hit bag. The leather is really soft and squishy and even smells divine - and it's a great size. It fits over your shoulder comfortably but also looks really cute carried on your arm.

I received the Black (i'm sure this is the one i'll get the most use from) - White - so crisp and pretty, I already have so many outfits planned with this bag in mind - and Caramel colored one, which is really really really light tan.

Another thing that I love about these bags as they are functional and also timeless looking. I think these will look less dated then my B-bag and my Edith (although I think this bag is also timeless too). I can actually see myself using these bags in 5 years - I know that sounds crazy - but they are really simple bags that hold a lot of stuff!!

Someday there's going to be a 36 hour in my future - but the 24's are the PERFECT everyday/all day size.

HAPPINESS!!!

*pictures to follow*

2. YAY!! Congrats!!! Can't wait to see the pictures :love: !!

3. Yay!!!

4. SO happy to hear they arrived early! :nuts: :P SO sad to hear the tan is really really really light. :cry: :sad:

Yay to the soft, squishy leather!!

I'm glad you love them and it was worth the wait!! :biggrin:

5. Congrats, beauxgoris! IMHO Gerard Darel bags will become classics (but then I'll hold up my hand and say I know virtually nothing about handbags :biggrin: )

Look forward to seeing pics of your beautiful bags.

6. Oooh!!! Congrats, I can't wait to see the pics! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

7. ^^It's okay - I wanted the tan to be lighter rather than darker. (Did you order one and want a darker tan?)

8. Congratulations, beauxgoris!

9. Congrats!

10. Congrats! My caramel GD bag is supposed to arrive tomorrow (also from BG). I can hardly wait!

11. ^^my caramel was a very light tan - which was just what I was hoping for - a perfect summer neutral bag!

12. Congrats! I'd also love to see pics!

13. Pic as soon as PHH goes to bed!

14. I was hoping for a true camel or caramel color - on the medium side of tan. But maybe it will be okay since I have Kooba Lucy in camel which is a medium to dark tan. As long as the leather is soft and squishy I think it will find a place in my bag collection. Is the color flat and blah, or does it have depth? I'll look forward to your pics! PHH cracks me up - you sleuth for sneaking three new bags into the house! Go slip him a sleeping pill...

15. Lucky you! I'm excited for you to get it!! Mine won't be arriving until Wednesday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice