My Galliera PM Story

aeriekah

Oct 28, 2008
Im a hostess at a restaurant within a retirement community. I had just recently bought the bag. A male resident goes up to the desk and see my bag and comments, "that looks like an old persons bag"

I was taken aback by it.

So it got me thinking, do you lv lovers think the galliera suits older women? I see the bag mostly on older women late 20's and above when Im out and about. Im 23 years old and most people around my age and what Ive observed in school carry neverfulls and speedies (which I too own).

So what do you think?
Does it suit a particular age group?
And does it suit a particular style of outfit?

I thought about selling my galliera too because I felt a little too young for it but mostly because my parents bought me a new car for graduation and decided I dont really NEED the bag and would rather use the money to pay for insurance which I am responsible for. It didnt sell craigslist (im not familiar with ebay) so I took it as a sign to hold on to it for a little longer :smile:

I don't think the Galliera looks "old" at all!! I think it's a gorgeous, classic bag that would suit any age!! If you love it, then forget about the comment and enjoy your bag!! If you don't love it, then sell it, and get something you do love. :smile:

Late 20's is old?! Lol. I guess I'm old and since I have one I would have to say yes, Galliera is only for "old" people LOL.

On a serious note, it does not look at all like an "old" person bag. It looks good on everyone and everyone that I know and seen modeling pics of those that do own one looks good carrying it.

It's a beautiful bag although I do think it suits an older demographic, it's structured, mature, elegant... looks best on someone dressed nicely/clean lines, put together. Maybe he thought you looked younger than you are, or that you dress more carefree etc... in any case you can't let what others say affect your outlook. Especially some old guy I swear they have no filters on their mouths, lol. :smile: Enjoy the bag. But if you do sell, I highly suggest Bonanza or eBay, not Craigslist.. that's the worst. The other sites are pretty user-friendly it just take a little practice. Good luck deciding!

It's a beautiful bag although I do think it suits an older demographic, it's structured, mature, elegant... looks best on someone dressed nicely/clean lines, put together. Maybe he thought you looked younger than you are, or that you dress more carefree etc... in any case you can't let what others say affect your outlook. Especially some old guy I swear they have no filters on their mouths, lol. :smile: Enjoy the bag. But if you do sell, I highly suggest Bonanza or eBay, not Craigslist.. that's the worst. The other sites are pretty user-friendly it just take a little practice. Good luck deciding!

I totally agree with you. I use it when I look tad bit dressier (nice jeans, boots, & a nice blouse which is how I usually dress most of the time. But my neverfull is definitely my go to bag.

Im pretty sure his judgement of the bag was independent of me. But I never let it get to me. He's definitely not aware what brand bag it is and how much it cost. But I do love the bag (such a classic, beautiful piece)

I think Ill hold on to it a little longer :smile:

I dont mean to offend anyone by calling people in their late 20s old. I meant older, relative to me especially since I always get, I look young for my age.

I definitely dont think the galliera looks "old". I just observe older women wearing it than the younger women. And it could also be due to other factors such as cost, Im in college (graduating this Firday!!) and work part time so it was definitely a big decision for me to buy this bag.

So yeah , I was curious to know if other people observed this.

I dont mean to offend anyone by calling people in their late 20s old. I meant older, relative to me especially since I always get, I look young for my age.

I definitely dont think the galliera looks "old". I just observe older women wearing it than the younger women. And it could also be due to other factors such as cost, Im in college (graduating this Firday!!) and work part time so it was definitely a big decision for me to buy this bag.

So yeah , I was curious to know if other people observed this.

None taken. Honestly OP, it's such a beautiful bag...don't let it go.

Congrats on your graduation! bTW, I wore that purse on the day of my graduation.

You're going to look great in a few years wearing it when you're older. Hehe jk. Enjoy that bag! Ohhh, I'm 27...and although Im comfortable in my flats / flip flops and jeans carrying my Galliera it's still very classy, at least I seem to think so. You won't regret holding on to it.

He was probably referring to the bag being "Louis Vuitton" rather than the style being old, as he is probably aware it has been around a very long time and has probably seen many ladies wearing LV bags over the years.

In my opinion, the monogram looks more mature than the azur. Where I live, I normally see the azur galliera on late teens/early twenties whereas the monogram is usually worn by the older ladies :smile:

no not at all only for "older" women. it has a classic look and is a comfy bag, suitable for all ages if you love the this classic look. I think the reason why many of the teens/"younger" girls don't have/wear gallieras also is the price.