My Galliera PM Story

Something similar has happend to me. I was showing my friend neverfull azur mm and galliera azur pm and she said (she does not know much about LV): do not buy galliera, it looks like a bag for grannies. I was shocked. Now, 2-3 months later I have a neverfull azur mm because I did not have enough money at the end for galliera but galliera always looked like a bag for younger people. Now, I am saving money for my second sholuder monogram bag (because I only have a hand held speedy 30) and thinking about delightful pm/mm or galliera pm. Galliera is something like a HG bag for me because I always get something else.

If you're going to sell it, Ebay and Bonanza are probably your best bet. But I don't think it'll make you look old at all.. I mean you're almost 2/3 years shy of being in your late 20s. Galliera is a great bag! I wouldn't care what that person said~

Maybe the man who commented on your bag meant that LV in general looked like an older person's bag. That could be taken as a compliment, in a way - maybe he meant that it was classy looking and perhaps if you look very young for your age he would expect you to be wearing a Hello Kitty bag or something? :P

At any rate, many elderly people do tend just to say whatever it is they're thinking and I wouldn't take it personally. If you love it, keep it! It's a beautiful bag and I personally don't think any LV bags look like they're made for a specific age range.

I think the Gal suits anyone regardless of their age.
IMHO the reason more "older" women carry it is because of the price point.
Neverfulls and speedies are the entry-level LVs price-wise so it is easier on the pocket for a lot of younger people wanting to get into LV.

Lol late 20s and above is "older women"????? Haha when i was 24 a few of my girlfriends and i were going to the club and this 18 year old who wore denim jumpsuits to work said "you guys still go to the club?? Aren't you a little too old for that?".

To me Galliera is chic and the "old ladies' bag" perception may be due to the fact that it is mono - some people who have been exposed to the older mono styles tend to associate mono with mature. Don't let such comments affect you but if you do intend to sell the bag to pay for your car insurance which is of a higher priority at the moment, then it's a different story.