My Frustration Is Palpable...

Aug 24, 2009
I hate, hate, hate coming here to vent over and over again...but you are the only people who understand...so please stay with me for just one more hair-pulling moment in my Coach-life!

I just got off the phone with CS trying to sort out a backorder I placed nearly a month ago.

I placed an order for a Pierre Le-Tan tote on February 22nd...I was told at the time that it was estimated the first week on March. I never heard anything, so I called on the 12th and was told it would be mid to late March, the computer showed March 17th. I had paid extra for overnight shipping and when I didn't get a tracking number or e-mail from them confirming the shipment, I called this evening. To my utter disappointment, there is now NO ship date, estimated or otherwise. None. Nada. Zilch.

The CS rep went on to tell me that my pre-order may fall off on the 30th day...which would be in like 2 days. I told the rep that this is absolutely not acceptable...that I wouldn't have ordered a bag knowing it was backordered just to "fall off" because it was longer than expected. She told me that the backorder services would call me before canceling my order...but due to the severe lack of communication, I have a gut feeling they will just 86 my order without running it past me.

I don't understand why when an order went from March 10th to March 17th to now unknown, I wasn't told...I don't understand why I have to be the one to harp on them to get bits and nips of information. I don't think it's to much to ask to be kept in the loop when you've put money where your mouth is. I've had a pending ping on my account...I've committed to buy this bag, as the seller they should be equally committed to keeping me up to date on what's going on. I mean, they cannot wait to flood my e-mail with what they want me to buy...and when I do buy, it's like "now I've got you...so sit and spin!"

Boo, Coach, Boo!

You know, you are such a staunch supporter of Coach... I really hope that you get what you want, or at least get treated as you should be treated... as an excellent customer! Good luck with your issue.... I hope you get the bag, they are just so beachy and cute!

OH NO! I am sorry this is going on. Hopefully it gets all worked out. I would keep harassing them until you get answers. Can you re-order it after the 30 days? I know how badly you want this tote!

I'm sorry this is happening to you. As we all know, some CS are not helpful at all or simply not well informed. They should have let you know what was happening as you placed an order beforehand. They seem not to follow those orders and just don't let customers know about the status of an order.
This has happened to me before and honestly I don't think I will do a backorder again.
I hope you can get an answer with an exact day for deliver and get your item as soon as possible.

I understand you are frustrated, but keep this in mind. Here on TPF we often learn about items before they are even sent into production. They are simply an idea or a prototype. Sometimes we see items or colors of an item that never get produced or the final product is different from the original release. The Pierre Le-Tan line isn't even slated for release until May. It's only March. In the meantime, Coach may be held up in production because maybe they are making changes to the product or whatever the case may be. Yes, they did allow you to pre-order this item, but honestly, the item may not even exist yet. The release date was an estimated date like you said. I'm not trying to say you are being too demanding, I'm just saying that we gather information so fast that we want next season's fashions today. We are AHEAD of production. That's why now days I just like to try to be a "normal" person and wait until items actually come out. Don't get me wrong, it's totally fun seeing stuff not released yet and it's exciting knowing we can order these things ahead of time, but just be patient. Sometimes you can't be quick to blame the people at JAX. They are just going by whatever information they are provided. Their job is simply to take the order and put it through. Yeah, we don't always get the greatest service and there's no excuse for that, but sometimes we need to just breathe and see both sides of the situation.

^^^You make incredibly valid points. I know that pre-ordering is always gamble, but my issue is with the more lack of communication than the actual date it will come.

If a date changes, I should at least be made aware of that. I'm not saying I need a personal phone call, and I'm not asking for any hoop-jumping...I'm just thinking an e-mail telling me "hey, we know you're waiting, things got pushed back...sorry and we'll be in touch". That's all. I'd be thrilled. I just don't like being told one thing and never being made aware when things change...especially when I'm waiting based on specific information.

I will always be the type of person who doesn't throw the baby out with the bath...I'll pre-order again...I'm just ticked right now.

I got the backpack I think it's called last week. I always go to my boutique and have them put my name in for stuff and when it is available to order they call me right away. Sorry about your frustration! Neat bags though!

That is totally weird! I actually called about this tote (I think we're talking about the same one here...the seahorse tote?!) a week ago and was told that they are AVAILABLE! Not just that one, but a couple of other styles as well. In fact, JAX told me if I wanted to order, they would ship immediately. I changed my mind on that and didn't since I decided I wanted to order something else, so I haven't checked since then. I wonder if there's some sort of glitch, or what happened. I would definitely go check with your boutique. I recently had a backorder failure that fortunately my store was totally on top of and the AWESOME SA had the bag overnighted for Sat. delivery. I'm not sure what happened in your case, but I would try to check with your boutique. I hope it works out for you...good luck!! Fingers crossed!!

I also ordered this tote and was told it was available and would be shipped last week. I changed my mind after viewing some of the reveals on other items in this line and called on Thursday and canceled the order. Mistakes do happen - it's inevitable.

Okay, I have a tracking number...whew!

Apparently, as it was just explained to me, is that Coach has a small window of time when the product arrives in warehouse and is being put through QC and processing, during that time NO date is available when in reality, everything is available and ready to go...

Luckily...mine has a tracking number and is going out today.