My friend is a XEROX machine!!!

I am split on this one because my closest friend and I are so similar that if I see something I love I will tell her about it and vice versa. We often buy two of something and gift the second item to one another. I like knowing we have the same item-- it makes it very easy to get ready because I can always ask her what she is wearing so and so item with.
The catch is that we live 700 miles apart so we are not wearing all of these items together.
I guess a lot depends on how close you are and why this is bothering you. It sounds like the can of worms has been opened and you might just take this opportunity to tell her that you are bothered by her buying the exact same purse as you.
Or, just start giving her false leads...talk about a purse you love and have ordered...and see what happens.

You don't say how old your friend is, but it is not at all unusual, in the earlier stages of our fashion journey, for younger girls to take inspiration from, even copy, what their friends and classmates are wearing.

Learning what our own personal style is, what looks best on us, from the bags that we carry to our hairstyle, even learning to apply makeup to our best advantage, does not happen overnight!

Nor does it happen to all of us at the same age. Even if your friend is older than you, maybe you are just a little further along this particular path, while she may be ahead of you in some other way.

It is a compliment to you that your friend has chosen you as her fashion inspiration, although it may be annoying if she consistently chooses the exact same fashion accessory, blouse, hair ornament, etc - what she is really saying is that you look so good, that while she works out all those insecurities about what looks are best for HER, if she buys what you buy, she can't go wrong!

In addition to waiting it out, what you might try, is taking a good look at her, and really give some thought to clothing items and accessories that would really look good on HER - even if it might be something that you wish you could wear, but are too short, etc - in other words, channel your inner fashion stylist and donate some volunteer hours to helping your friend find her way through the fashion maze.

As she begins to gain more confidence in her own fashion sense, she will gradually stop "borrowing" yours!

I agree with Shimma. My first thought was that your friend simply doesn't know much about high-end bags so that's why she's copying you. I was going to suggest that you two go shopping together and that you show her what's out there and encourage her to learn for herself about bags and what she really likes...but then I rerad the rest of the thread and it sounds like there are some issues in the friendship that go deeper than just copycatting.

God , I know how you must feel..I have a friend just like that...fortunately, she's not my best friend, so I could create some distance between her and me...
I have this thing with watches and purses...when we first met, she didn't even cared for these things...now she's copying my style (clothes, shoes and more..) and I don't like that.
So one day I wrote on my blog after she pulled one of her tricks again:
"Imitation is the best compliment...so I suppose I have to be happy about that"
The next day, she came and asked me about it, and I said well if the shoe fits..after that she didn't tried that hard to copy my style....thank God
But we're still friends :smile:

It sounds like your friend is not secure in who she is and notices that you are. So shes trying to copy you inorder to make her self feel better. I would say do a couple things like the gals mentioned above.. I would hint on a bag that you aren't really interested in just to see if she gets it. Or maybe purchase a bag that you don't really want show it to her then take it back for something that you really do want later. That way she will be kept guessing on whether you are going to keep an item or not and if she should bother getting it or not. I would definitely tell her you need your money she owes you before you would even contimplate helping her buy another bag on Ebay, and I would also Avoid talking to her about her Credit Card and her debt shes put herself in buying the 6 purses shes bought or she might get really upset at you. I know what you are going through I have the same issues with my sister who is older than I am and she always wants to get the same things I have and has even gone so far as to get upset at me when I bought a bag that she wanted, I didn't know she wanted it until after I bought it and she went to our mother telling her that I bought a bag she wanted and wouldn't talk to me for a few months! We don't buy really expensive handbags either it's just like Rampage or Kathy Van Zeeland but still she was hurt and she seems to be acting just like your friend does with you towards me heh. So just try to be friendly with her get things when shes not around and try to take her shopping with you and show her stuff that you feel fits her personality more. GL

Buy a bag she can't afford.

You win for the most creative answer! LOL

Of course, the friend is ALREADY buying bags she can't afford if she's charging them on credit cards. Unless of course she's paying off the balance in full, which I doubt.

Maybe the trick is to keep having her duplicate bags until she reaches her credit limit and can't buy any more? :roflmfao: