My Frenchie is up for an award :)

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
My French Bulldog Pierre is a 2014 VPI Hambone Award nominee. The Hambone Award is a fun contest held by VPI Pet Insurance for the strangest medical claim of the year.

Pierre got VPI's attention after we submitted an emergency room claim for near drowning and chocolate chip cookie consumption. We took Pierre with us to my MIL's annual 4th of July party, and Pierre kept looking for t-r-o-u-b-l-e. :roflmfao: I'm honestly surprised that this is the visit that scored him the nomination. He ate a glow stick the morning after the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, or there was the time he was diagnosed with "roid rage." :biguns:

If Pierre wins, VPI will be donating $10,000 to the E.R. that helped him, Furnetic at University of Illinois-Chicago, so they can provide services for other animals whose owners have difficulties paying for life-saving treatment. We've, ahem, been there a few times and the staff is truly excellent and can do a lot of good.

You can vote for Pierre the Frenchie here: VPI Hambone Award

He also has a video!

Cannot stop laughing. Buy the fella a lifevest. :smile:

I just voted.
Pierre has a special life vest for bulldogs. It has a funny inflatable collar that helps prop his heavy bulldog head up.

It turns out that Frenchies cannot wear normal/standard life vests because their heads are too heavy. Their head will sink and their #frenchiebutt will point up. It took us forever to find the right kind of life jacket.

Pierre is definitely our enfant terrible, but we love him anyway ;) I really appreciate everyone voting for him!

I voted!!
He's adorable..

Can you tell me the name of the company that makes the life vest? Blues loves water and British Bulldogs sink like rocks.

We keep the life vest at his Nana's house since she has the pool. We live in the city and Pierre doesn't have any access to a pool. We're going there tomorrow, so I will let you know this weekend!

I love Frenchies and his name is awesome! He gets my vote for sure. He sounds like quite the character.
His full name is Robespierre the Terror, but he's such a lover boy at home that we call him "Pierre."

He is 100% Robespierre the Terror at the dog park though. We've been working with a dog whisperer for the past few months, and next weekend will be Pierre's first rendezvous at a dog park with his trainer. (No, we don't let him just start fights. We do try to socialize him on leash.)

He's really good at daycare though. He plays nicely with his friends. He was bitten at daycare once, but it didn't affect him. The biter was expelled, and the daycare paid for the stitches in his ear. We weren't upset, because we know that Pierre can be a bit of a bully.

s3.postimg.org/pm224a8un/IMG_0117.jpg