My FP Coach Store turned into an outlet; and now it sucks.

Becca4277

www.petfinder.com
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
I am so bummed. The Coach boutique turned into an outlet and it is so disappointing (I am in Syracuse, NY; home of one of the bigger malls in the country). I went in last night to see if there were any borough deletes. They had a few on the clearance rack. The whole store was 50% off and the salesperson made a big deal of saying that the clearance rack was an additional 50% of redlined price. Retail price was like $498. Red marked price? $497.98. Really? Are they serious? Why bother to put it in the "clearance" section.

Other pet peeve; I spoke to 2 different saleswomen and neither one had heard of a "soft borough" I suggested they take a walk to Macy's and check them out. :P

Anyone else have a loser outlet? Very few deletes, mainly MFF.

So they closed your FP store and turned it into an outlet store in a non-outlet mall?

The outlets where I live totally suck by the way so I sympathize. I don't bother going to them ever.

I can't even imagine an outlet in a regular mall but wow!

I read on here that most new outlets don't get full priced bags for the first year but since your outlet has some (although not many), maybe they'll get more as they get more established?

I am so bummed. The Coach boutique turned into an outlet and it is so disappointing (I am in Syracuse, NY; home of one of the bigger malls in the country). I went in last night to see if there were any borough deletes. They had a few on the clearance rack. The whole store was 50% off and the salesperson made a big deal of saying that the clearance rack was an additional 50% of redlined price. Retail price was like $498. Red marked price? $497.98. Really? Are they serious? Why bother to put it in the "clearance" section.

Other pet peeve; I spoke to 2 different saleswomen and neither one had heard of a "soft borough" I suggested they take a walk to Macy's and check them out. :P

Yep. My outlet is mostly MFF and a few deletes, but nothing that every really gets it done. I now do most of my shopping online from various other retailers. Its kinda sad, the outlets used to be super awesome and now I only ever find the same boring stuff every trip.

That is really odd. A regular mall has a Coach outlet? Are there any other outlet stores in the mall?

That is really odd. A regular mall has a Coach outlet? Are there any other outlet stores in the mall?

It was a regular mall that built a huge expansion. In the expansion area are are some outlet stores (Todd's, Armani, Off Sak's 5th Ave, etc). Coach built their outlet across from the Cheesecake Factory. :lol:

It was a regular mall that built a huge expansion. In the expansion area are are some outlet stores (Todd's, Armani, Off Sak's 5th Ave, etc). Coach built their outlet across from the Cheesecake Factory. :lol:

Interesting. I have never seen a mixed mall--regular retail and outlet. :P

Oh I would be bummed as well. I agree though, that is an odd move. My closest outlet is hit or miss, but more miss than hit. Parking is a pain in the rear and it is just not a great place to be. It is almost just not worth stopping by since I don't really go there for anything else.

That would be bad...bummer.

My nearest outlet is 2 hours away and I only get there 1-2 times a year, but you can tell it is not a great one...you are lucky to find a couple of deletes if you are lucky, and typically nothing you really wanted in the first place.

I am not a MFF fan so I don't like most of the rest of the store.....

Wow, two whole cents! Don't spend those savings all in one place. :biggrin: