My Flo Spikes Glitter has arrived but...

kellyLV

O.G.
Jul 28, 2006
This is a very beautiful pair in real life. Very sparkly but I got a half size bigger from my CL 38 TTS. I want this shoe but thats the only size available and the SA just suggested a pad and it'll be ok. This was purchased in US ( I'm 7000miles away!) and took 2 weeks to arrive. There's no way to return it. I tried pads and i can make them work with 2 half insoles to prevent a major slippage (and the ugly gap) I kinda regret purhasing an expensive shoe in a wrong size. Should i keep or just sell it? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370808391.353204.jpg with flash ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370808416.054534.jpg without ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370808459.506752.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1370808475.801656.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1370808502.902095.jpg the gap without the insoles.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370808335.880147.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370808335.880147.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,077
  • ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370808356.101470.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370808356.101470.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,109
I've learned that some shoes you just can't make fit well, even with padding. I would cut my losses and sell them if the padding doesn't work.

They are gorgeous, but they look pretty big on you. Can you see if your cobbler can pad them under the insole? That might help.

I'm sorry those shoes don't fit you perfectly. They are beyond amazing shoes!

Is the shoe comfortable with the insoles? Will you be able to walk for a distance with them? If yes, then I suggest keeping it.

However, if your foot slips out or the insoles make it tight and uncomfortable, then I think it is best to let it go. I have shoes that are too big for me that just sit in my closet never worn. :sad:

Have you tried heel pads, too? It may seem silly to pad ill-fitting shoes so much, but since you went through so much work to get them, I say to try ever option possible before you sell them. If there's no way to make them work, then sell them. Good luck! They're beautiful!

Thank you all for the suggestions,, I tried different pads.. heel grips etc.. The best fit were with 2 half gel pads.. It feels TTS but tighter which it's better..I just don'tknow how long will I last walking in them...

It's my first time to do such adjustment.. and it feels silly... Makes me a little sad... i'm more of a purse girl and this is the most expensive pair of shoes I own so may be i wanted it to be perfect, but it was not.. :nogood::shame::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Thank you all for the suggestions,, I tried different pads.. heel grips etc.. The best fit were with 2 half gel pads.. It feels TTS but tighter which it's better..I just don'tknow how long will I last walking in them...

It's my first time to do such adjustment.. and it feels silly... Makes me a little sad... i'm more of a purse girl and this is the most expensive pair of shoes I own so may be i wanted it to be perfect, but it was not.. :nogood::shame::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Please don't feel down, those shoes are gorgeous and very unique!
I second the suggestion of taking those to a cobbler and adding padding UNDER the sole. I had this done with one pair of my CLs and they are now tight and fit perfectly.
Dont give up and good luck! :smile:

Please don't feel down, those shoes are gorgeous and very unique!
I second the suggestion of taking those to a cobbler and adding padding UNDER the sole. I had this done with one pair of my CLs and they are now tight and fit perfectly.
Dont give up and good luck! :smile:

awww Thank you so much i appreciate everybody's input....i feel much better now and definitely keeping this pair...I'm about to give up coz it's crazy that i tried different kinds of pads to make it fit right... And again the gel cushions worked best.. My mistake was at first, i tried the gel but without peeling off the film.. Now that i peeled it off..cushion sticked. It's a clear one so even if i use two pads it can never be noticed..Made the shoe tight, no slippage.. i can even dance wearing it feeling really comfy. :smile:

Here are the pads...lol. a lot huh!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370897778.851851.jpg

But thisgel cushions gave me hope. lol. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370897885.615643.jpg

Very nice shoes and IMO you should sell it because those gaps will only stretches as you wear. I say sell them. What good does it do if you can't wear them?

ETA: didn't see your updated post. It's great that it fits now, but all those paddings would annoy me. I'd hate to let those beauty go, too.

Very nice shoes and IMO you should sell it because those gaps will only stretches as you wear. I say sell them. What good does it do if you can't wear them?

ETA: didn't see your updated post. It's great that it fits now, but all those paddings would annoy me. I'd hate to let those beauty go, too.

Yup it fits great... the pads feel like cushions. i even tried jumping, dancing( kicking, trying to make the shoes fly) but it feels like my TTS.. :smile: thank u.. i cant stop staring at it... a true work of art of Mr. Louboutin.