My First YSL Love

lolaisodd

Oct 9, 2012
Just received my first ever YSL so I am looking to share the pure joy!

YSL.jpg

Her Story:

Ever since I’ve missed out on the Balenciaga Part Time in Gris Tarmac and Rose Gold HW, I’ve been looking out for grey bags. I already have a black bag and a navy blue bag so I wanted something in my small meagre collection to be wearable and neutral in shade. I’ve consider Philip Lim 3.1 Pashli Satchel in grey but gave up when I saw its weight at 1.2kg. Other greys were mostly too light.

Then she came along.

I like that its design is a throwback for the past. It looks a little vintage but the juxtaposition of colours between grey matelasse leather and gold chains made it modern. It has the iconic YSL logo. It is perfectly sized and it fits well under my arm. It also has a zipped compartment so I could keep my wallet safe. In short, I was madly in love.

To be honest, I kept going to and fro the website for a month before dishing out the cash for it. I checked all possible avenues to get it cheaper and waited for sale but there were none. I did extensive research to see if the colour in the pictures are true to shade. I even went to the Saint Laurent shops to check it out in person only to be told they have all colours - black, red, blue, navy, beige BUT grey. It is a seasonal colour so I had to buy it.

YSLM.jpg
In its matelasse goodness

I am slowly building out a collection of what I consider as the SuperBags with higher price points. So far, I have three and I love them all.

Superbags.jpg
L to R: YSL Monogramme Shopping Tote in Grey, Prada Lux Bauletto in Baltico and Prada Tessuto in Nylon

Hi Seedlessplum,

Yes the leather is very sturdy and holds its shape very well. Some might find the chains heavy but they are alright to me. After having an Alexander Wang Rocco bag, nothing is as heavy as that!

If you are based in Singapore, Reebonz is having a good sale for YSL right at this very moment including the flaps! I've seen black, red, beige, burgundy and grey for the flaps.

Hi Seedlessplum,

Yes the leather is very sturdy and holds its shape very well. Some might find the chains heavy but they are alright to me. After having an Alexander Wang Rocco bag, nothing is as heavy as that!

If you are based in Singapore, Reebonz is having a good sale for YSL right at this very moment including the flaps! I've seen black, red, beige, burgundy and grey for the flaps.

Yes! I am actually hogging reebonz webby now. But I cant find another flaps in red.
You think I should go ahead?? I am simply inspired by your acquisition.
If I got the flap, then I can write off the idea of getting a chanel maxi, which actually cost much more!