my first YSL clutch... please help pick which color!!

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
?

which color???

1. deep red

2. saks exclusive nude

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hi ladies,
    i'm trying to decide between a large patent BDJ in "deep red" versus one in Saks' exclusive "nude" color. i LOVE the red, such a wonderful and bright pop of color. this was my initial instinct, especially since I already have an MJ single in nude. However, I keep looking back at the nude one from Saks and thinking it'll match more. plus, from the reviews, people say the nude is much darker than expected, but in a good way so i know it'll be a different shade than my MJ. i know this isn't the "carne" color that was available at Nordstrom either - that one looks like a true nude! let me know what yall think! here are stock photos from Saks.com. i think the red is a little less "electric" IRL than the stock pics! :P

ysl1.jpg ysl2.jpg
  2. answered my own question and ended up going with my gut instinct.... it was meant to be all along! i'll share when it comes!! :biggrin:

3. I'm excited to know which one you pick. I was on the same boat last week & finally decided to get the deep red.

4. I'd go for the red one! Amazing color :drool: But ... both are beautiful!! Please post pictures of your new BdJ soon ;)

5. I love the red. I think it will go well with t-shirt & jeans as well as a LBD for a dressy look.

6. REDDDDD! its the it color for ANY season....beige is too typical!

7. cee!! :wave: Omg, I'm exactly right now plotting a BDJ or Chyc clutch purchase myself!! (I'm banned but I'm telling myself clutches don't count :lol:) I HAVE to have one, but I am so torn about which one and what colors too!!

Which one did you decide on?? Ack, I like both, of course. I saw a BDJ in red the other day (I'm not sure if it was "Deep Red" though) and it was drop dead GORGEOUS! But I love nude everything... have you seen pics of Eva Longoria and her BDJ? :faint: Ummm ridiculous. So it's a toss-up for me!

Omg keep us posted! :biggrin:

8. red! i am contemplating the same clutch in red!

9. #9 Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    Sorry for posting in here. I am a new member and they don't let me start my own thread yet . I also need help with deciding on whether to get my 1st belle de jour in glitter black or the patent black? Attached is a pic of 2012 belle de jour quartz. I am sure everyone here is familiar with how the patent black look, so no photo :smile:

image.jpg
  10. May I ask how much is the saks exclusive nude belle de jour cost? Is this more expensive than the regular price of $595? Thank you

11. Loving the red!

12. hey girl!!! :hugs: i see you've wandered over here as well!! it's so crazy how quickly i got hooked on YSL.... so classy and timeless!! i can't believe it's taken me this long!! i should've listened to my cousin years ago when he was raving about YSL! anyway, i think both clutches are GORGEOUS, and i think i will eventually get a chyc as well :graucho: it was only a matter of which one to get first lol. i chose the BDJ to get first bc it's so classic and understated elegance, kwim?

btw, clutches do NOT count!! hahaa they're in their own class :P so it's totally fine to get one!!

anyway, the BDJ i ordered HAS SHIPPED!! should be here early this week and i can't wait to get it!! i'll for sure post pics in here!!

13. this is my own opinion, but i say the PATENT BLACK!! it's timeless, matches wtih everything, and just the right amount of patent! i saw the quartz online so thanks for posting a spy pic of it.... i'm not a fan, but that's just me!

no, it's not more expensive.... it costs the same as the other patents :biggrin:

14. ^^ THANKS FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHTS/OPINIONS LADIES!!! THE ONE I ORDERED HAS SHIPPED AND SHOULD BE HERE EARLY THIS WEEK - I'LL DEFINITELY POST PICS WHEN IT GETS HERE!!! :happydance:

15. WELL LADIES..... I GOT HER IN THE MAIL FROM SAKS TODAY!!!!!

I PICKED DEEP RED!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::woot::loveeyes::loveeyes::love: THE COLOR IS SO VIBRANT I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS. I'M SO GLAD I STUCK WITH MY INITIAL GUT INSTINCT :P

IMG_0018.jpg IMG_0020.jpg IMG_0021.jpg IMG_0026.jpg