My first vintage LV!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. After searching and searching (and getting outbid sometimes on Ebay) I received today my first LV bag!
    It's a vintage Speedy 30 (how could that miss in my collection?), authenticated by the lovely girls here.
    I exactly don't know when it was made, since I can't see any date code (maybe it faded away), but our experts dated it to early 80s.
    I love the fact that it already has patina and I don't have to baby it too much:P
    I will buy Obenauf and Blackrock products to clean the dirt it may have after years and years of use, in the meanwhile here are some pictures!

Attached Files:

2. the leather is really gorgeous! the color reminds me of a well worn horse saddle or something. with a good cleaning it will look even better! i love the fact that its from the 80s...it really shows in favor of LV's quality (or how their quality used to be). congrats!

3. Congrats on a GREAT first LV my friend! And a lovely vintage one at that!

4. congrats on your first Lv bag..the leather is totally vintage!!!

5. Thank you Addy! :heart: I owe you a lot

6. aliburke84, I must admit I'm not a fan of monogram LV in general, I only like some models like Popincourt, Ellipse or Manhattan, definitely not a lover of new Speedy...but this one is totally gorgeous!

7. Congrats!! It's beautiful, well worn in and classic!! Enjoy

8. Congrats! What a perfect find!

9. She's lovely! Mine is a '92 model and has the prettiest patina. Being an equestrian, I am partial to leather that has that supple, broken-in look. Great find...enjoy!

10. Oh, I love the old ones! That is an exquisite beauty. Love love love her age.

11. Congratulations!

12. Very nice! I love the leather (:
    Congrats

13. Congrats on your first vintage LV!!

14. Congrats!!

15. Congrats!! Funny how 80's bags are considered "vintage" makes feel really really old :Push: