My first, very special Paddy

helium

Nov 16, 2007
Hello everyone, Lescoy at the Authenticate This forum told me I have to show pictures of my paddy when I get it. I was expecting my first paddy to be that tangerine one from Diabro, but recently I got this... and it surprised me.

I say it's very special because it used to belong to a member here called kuruma, who was my flatmate. Without going into too much detail (because I don't want to, sorry), she passed away in an accident about a month ago. This was her beloved paddy that her sister ended up getting. Her sister approached me two days ago and told me to have it as thank you for looking after her for the past three years, for helping her with studies and life and so on so forth and I was so touched that I cried. In my mind we weren't super close friends, but supposedly she thought of me that way and I was so touched I couldn't speak.

I don't think i'll ever take this beauty out though, I would feel odd. I think I will just show it off here and then put it somewhere safe. I can't bring myself to flaunt this sort of thing.

Sentimentality aside, what colour is this? I looked around and saw gris vert, but that looked very dark. I have no idea.

Attachments

• P1001576.JPG
    P1001576.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 114
  • P1001577.JPG
    P1001577.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 126
Oh my helium - this is such a sad story that it took me a bit to respond. I certainly do remember kuruma posting. It is so difficult to believe that mortality touches our little website corner. I think you should wear the bag. Gosh - it is so sad....

OMG, I am speechless to think that someone who was part of this forum passed on...so sad...sorry for your loss.

Your paddy is gorgoues but I have no clue what colour it is.

So sorry to hear about your friend. I think I remember her posting as well. It's nice that you will have this special reminder of her.

I think it is either mousse or gris-vert, never have been sure if these are the same color or not.

I am really sorry to hear about kuruma, its a familiar name as she was a regular here. A very touching gesture from her sister...i think you should cherish the bag and use it (when you are ready of course) with fond memories of kuruma.

This is really sweet... I didn't realise she was so big on this forum (although she did stay up till 2am most days "doing work" online... ha...ha...). I am really touched by all your nice comments and everything, thank you so much. I think she would have wanted me to wear this which reminds me once when I had to tutor her English because while she was great at it generally, it wasn't so good assignment wise, and she often used correct words with incorrect connotations. She once said 'bags are for wearing, not for cherishing' and i'm like 'eh?' and she's like 'oh well you can't just keep it in your closet and let it gp to waste, it needs to see sunlight!' and then I realised she meant there's just no point in buying a bag you won't wear.

Despite that, I think i'll have to wait a while to wear this. Aside from having been her bag, my most expensive bag is a Botkier that was 70% off and it broke my heart to fork out $400 for it! So this is definitely odd for me. I was planning to perhaps buy a paddington to treat myself in my more delusional moments... it's a beautiful bag. I wasn't expecting this... it's very odd when you finally hold it in your own hands after admiring many pictures of it.