My First VCA Purchase

PennyD2911

O.G.
Oct 14, 2006
Hello everyone:smile:.

I have been on tPF for years, but spent my time until recently in the Hermes Forum. I've been lurking in The Jewelry Box for several weeks and enjoying your post and insights.:flowers:

I finally (have wanted one for 10 years) purchased the Cartier Love 4 Diamond bracelet (it's on its way to me), to wear with my Rolex Gold President 36mm. Now I would like to start stacking:sunnies. I've decided VCA will be my next piece. I would like to purchase the Alhambra Vintage 5 Motif Bracelet in MOP YG.

I'm wondering would it be best to go straight to a VCA Boutique/VCA.com or check for reputable resellers. Obviously this being my first VCA piece I would be leary of fakes in the resell market. I'm hoping you can be so kind as to point me in the right direction. TIA:cutesy:

Congrats, I have the 4 diamond WG LOVE. I am not from the US so I have purchased my pieces whilst on holiday although I did get one piece from Betteridge. From time to time they have VCA on Anns Fabulous finds and other reputable high end re-sellers so you could try those but it might be nice if you could go into a store and try it on.

Congrats, I have the 4 diamond WG LOVE. I am not from the US so I have purchased my pieces whilst on holiday although I did get one piece from Betteridge. From time to time they have VCA on Anns Fabulous finds and other reputable high end re-sellers so you could try those but it might be nice if you could go into a store and try it on.

Hi Suzie! It's been a long time since I've been around, good to "see" you!

The closest VCA Boutique is 6 hours away so that's out for me. :sad:
I've seen Betteridge online, but wasn't sure about them. I guess as long as a pre-owned piece has the cert I can feel confident to purchase.

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

Hi Suzie! It's been a long time since I've been around, good to "see" you!

The closest VCA Boutique is 6 hours away so that's out for me. :sad:
I've seen Betteridge online, but wasn't sure about them. I guess as long as a pre-owned piece has the cert I can feel confident to purchase.

Yes, good to see around again. 6 hours is a long way to go to try on a bracelet. :biggrin: Betteridge was recommended to me by the ladies on the VCA thread. They used to sell new VCA but now they only sell used pieces, not sure why, someone may be able to chime in. The piece I bought did not have a certificate but it was an older necklace and is not produced anymore.

Keep checking the VCA forum as the girls often post finds there.

Hello everyone:smile:.

I have been on tPF for years, but spent my time until recently in the Hermes Forum. I've been lurking in The Jewelry Box for several weeks and enjoying your post and insights.:flowers:

I finally (have wanted one for 10 years) purchased the Cartier Love 4 Diamond bracelet (it's on its way to me), to wear with my Rolex Gold President 36mm. Now I would like to start stacking:sunnies. I've decided VCA will be my next piece. I would like to purchase the Alhambra Vintage 5 Motif Bracelet in MOP YG.

I'm wondering would it be best to go straight to a VCA Boutique/VCA.com or check for reputable resellers. Obviously this being my first VCA piece I would be leary of fakes in the resell market. I'm hoping you can be so kind as to point me in the right direction. TIA:cutesy:

Penny, good to see you back! Like Suzie, i have purchased from Betteridge, though not VCA, and they were wonderful and friendly and i received outstanding customer service. Drop them a line to let them know what you are looking for and i'm sure they will keep an eye out for you.

Penny, good to see you back! Like Suzie, i have purchased from Betteridge, though not VCA, and they were wonderful and friendly and i received outstanding customer service. Drop them a line to let them know what you are looking for and i'm sure they will keep an eye out for you.

Hi! It's good seeing some of my buddies again. :smile:
Thanks for the post. I will check out Betteridge.

i am local to a vca boutique and neiman that carries vca. i have never had the need to go the betteridge route but i'm sure they are great to work with. i don't know now, but i used to go the nm route cause of the points and gift certs i get and it's great to buy when there are perks involved. buying from vca direct is a lovely experience since it's at the boutique. my sa originally worked at the boutique but decided to transfer to nm for xxxx reasons. so i don't feel i get subpar service going through them. secondly, buying second hand is a personal thing. i'm very picky about my jewelry, handbags etc etc, and i could never buy second hand knowing it's not fresh and been worn. however, if it's something i couldn't find or has been discontinued and i just am dying to have it, then it maybe a different story.

i am local to a vca boutique and neiman that carries vca. i have never had the need to go the betteridge route but i'm sure they are great to work with. i don't know now, but i used to go the nm route cause of the points and gift certs i get and it's great to buy when there are perks involved. buying from vca direct is a lovely experience since it's at the boutique. my sa originally worked at the boutique but decided to transfer to nm for xxxx reasons. so i don't feel i get subpar service going through them. secondly, buying second hand is a personal thing. i'm very picky about my jewelry, handbags etc etc, and i could never buy second hand knowing it's not fresh and been worn. however, if it's something i couldn't find or has been discontinued and i just am dying to have it, then it maybe a different story.

Thank you for the reply. I understand about wanting something NIB, I'm the same way.
I'm anal about things having a Certificate of Athenticity, all paperwork, tags and boxes. :smile:
I did not know VCA would allow the In Circle points or discounts from Neimans. I know Cartier does not allow it at Saks.

Just wanted to update this thread. I purchased a Alhambra Vintage 5 Motif bracelet in MOP YG from VCA.
It will arrive in a couple days. Very excited!❗️‼️