My first RM, Glazed Black Mini Nikki...Lots of pics...

jjbrace

Mar 11, 2010
I'm new to TPF and discovered RM from all the lovely ladies on this subforum. I took the plunge and ordered a mini Nikki and I'm very happy with the size. The black glaze was super stiff when I first received and it was making alot of squeaking sounds as a result (a little embarrassing I gotta tell you). I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it, but I decided to work with. The thing that really made me want to keep this bag was the beautiful and high quality blue and white striped lining. I can't tell you how much I like looking at the lining each time I open my bag.

So, I conditioned it with Cadillac, used it everyday for two weeks, and always made sure I hung it on a hook overnight with something heavy inside of it. The leather is starting to break in and I'm much more happy with it now.

OK, I know we all like to look at pictures, so here goes (my first time posting pics, I hope I get this right...):

Before conditioning:

IMG_1874.jpg

This is what it looked like after conditioning. It became shinier:

IMG_1875.jpg

Profile shot. Here I am carrying it. For reference, I'm 5'1":

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad355/justjoybrace/RM bag/IMG_1909.jpgFrom the front:

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

Thanks for looking. I hope these pictures help anybody else who's trying to decided between a mini and regular Nikki.

@Babidius - isn't it hard to find a big that's not overwhelming for our height? I don't like digging through my bags much, so this really is the perfect sized bag for me.

@Besabonita - thanks for the compliment and thanks for noticing my jacket! I looove this jacket. I know the hem looks totally uneven in the pictures but it's only like that when I'm carrying my bag.

@luvs*it* - thank you for the compliment!

Last edited: