My first RM, Glazed Black Mini Nikki...Lots of pics...

jjbrace

Mar 11, 2010
I'm new to TPF and discovered RM from all the lovely ladies on this subforum. I took the plunge and ordered a mini Nikki and I'm very happy with the size. The black glaze was super stiff when I first received and it was making alot of squeaking sounds as a result (a little embarrassing I gotta tell you). I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it, but I decided to work with. The thing that really made me want to keep this bag was the beautiful and high quality blue and white striped lining. I can't tell you how much I like looking at the lining each time I open my bag.

So, I conditioned it with Cadillac, used it everyday for two weeks, and always made sure I hung it on a hook overnight with something heavy inside of it. The leather is starting to break in and I'm much more happy with it now.

OK, I know we all like to look at pictures, so here goes (my first time posting pics, I hope I get this right...):

Before conditioning:

This is what it looked like after conditioning. It became shinier:

Profile shot. Here I am carrying it. For reference, I'm 5'1":

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad355/justjoybrace/RM bag/IMG_1909.jpgFrom the front:

Thanks for looking. I hope these pictures help anybody else who's trying to decided between a mini and regular Nikki.

baghag411

~ Michelle ~
O.G.
May 29, 2008
NorCal
The Mini Nikki looks so good on you! I love the blue & white lining popping against the black! Great pictures--thanks for sharing :flowers:

babidius

LP4ME
O.G.
Feb 14, 2008
Really nice!! You're making me want one. I'm 5 foot and it makes it hard because a lot of bags are too big but that is perfect!

jjbrace

Mar 11, 2010
@Babidius - isn't it hard to find a big that's not overwhelming for our height? I don't like digging through my bags much, so this really is the perfect sized bag for me.

@Besabonita - thanks for the compliment and thanks for noticing my jacket! I looove this jacket. I know the hem looks totally uneven in the pictures but it's only like that when I'm carrying my bag.

@luvs*it* - thank you for the compliment!

Last edited:

Lynnia

Eureka
Mar 11, 2008
Ooh, I like the way your Mini is breaking in! You can tell it's just going to get better and better. Love your mod pix. A++++ :woohoo:

Belle79

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
CT
Ok, I have to have one. I am not usually a fan of gold hardware but I keep looking at these pics and I need one!

babidius

LP4ME
O.G.
Feb 14, 2008
@Babidius - isn't it hard to find a big that's not overwhelming for our height? I don't like digging through my bags much, so this really is the perfect sized bag for me.
I'm the same way. I don't like something really deep and I don't catty that much anyway.

spartancoaster

of spirit, say what?
O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
Congrats on your first RM! It looks great on you! Glad you decided to "hang in there" with it! It will just keep getting softer and softer the more you use it!