My first RM, a tri-coloured Cheri!!!

pinkboudoir

♥
May 19, 2006
SUN-shine-y island
I have been lurking around here for a while. Had contemplated an RM something or another but never got down to it. One day I had to see deziprinzess718's tri-colour French Tote & it was instant :love:. I hunted around & found a Cheri(it was like a bonus coz I love my bags to snap shut but I am slowly changing my mind having discovered RM). Without much thought, I gave in!!! This was just last week.

Today my Cheri reach me. :party:First thing I noticed however was the WEIGHT!!! :wtf: I have always avoided heavy bags so it was quite a shocker. I took off all the stuffings, extra straps & the hardware & I will test the weight out tomorrow. I hope my shoulders do not retaliate coz I REALLY :heart: my Cheri!

I have some questions though, being such an RM newbie. I noticed some stains on the cream patent panel(as pictured). Will water take them away? Do I need to use some cleaning agent like soap? Also, do I need to protect the leather part? I use Apple Garde spray on my Bbags. But I worry if I spray on my Cheri, the patent part would go berserk. Would it? I am sorry to ask so many questions at a time but I hope some French Tote/Cheri owners can chime in. TIA! :flowers::tender:

Here is my Cheri. Please pardon the mess around it, those are the stuffings.

Attachments

lunatwinkle

Bag obsessed! <3
O.G.
Nov 13, 2006
California, USA
Congrats on your first RM and welcome to the Minkette club! :nuts: Your satchel is gorgeous, enjoy her!

I don't have the Cheri so I don't know what you could do to wipe off those "stains." Hopefully some other tPFers will chime in.

daniela127

O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
You are so lucky! I am still waiting to get mine from Three Sirens. Seeing your pictures makes me so excited for my new bag!

Crazy4Handbags

Broccoli, yum!
O.G.
May 1, 2008
Grunge and Starbucks
Gorgeous! The stains on the patent, if they're on the surface they're probably just some glue residue that you could wipe with a wet rag (use a little water). And, if it's underneath the patent then there's nothing you could do.

Apple Garde spray worked like a charm on my French Tote (Cheri's big sis)!

cat9

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
Gorgeous!!! I looove the color combination on this style - so pretty. Pls post modeling pics when you get a chance!

pinkboudoir

♥
May 19, 2006
SUN-shine-y island
few823, Thanks! It definitely is heavy but I am used to Bbags which are known to be very light so my view could be a little skewed.

lunatwinkle, daniela127, AnnieBinSD, Thanks!

this1chick, I got mine off evilbay.Seller is willing to pick up the tab if I wish to get it cleaned at a professional cleaner BUT I will try a little DIY cleaning. If it comes off, it is great. Otherwise I will leave it be. I think over time, patent would dirty anyway.

MrsShoeGal, Hope you get yours soon!

cat9, Will try to post modelling pictures soon! Thanks!

Crazy4Handbags, Thanks! Will try the rag & water tonight when I get home. Did you have to protect the patent parts(like covere with towel or something?) when you spray the bag? Or can I just spray the bag including the patent part? I spray all my Bbags even those with GH. Overtime it does dull the GH. I worry oil & patent might not agree. TIA!

Desi

O.G.
Dec 19, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
CONGRATS girly!!! I'm just catching up on the forum! I love the Cheri. I have preordered a Cheri already otherwise i would LOVE it in this combo!!

Crazy4Handbags

Broccoli, yum!
O.G.
May 1, 2008
Grunge and Starbucks
Did you have to protect the patent parts(like covere with towel or something?) when you spray the bag? Or can I just spray the bag including the patent part? I spray all my Bbags even those with GH. Overtime it does dull the GH. I worry oil & patent might not agree. TIA!
I had sprayed the entire bag and it was just fine.

That is good to know about the GH; I'll keep that in mind for my Day.

Desi

O.G.
Dec 19, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
desiprinzess718, Thank you!!! It was your French Tote that pushed me to get this RM Cheri & I am so glad for it! Which Cheri combo did you pre-order?
:hugs: i'm glad to have been an enabler:P

The cheri I preordered is the black stripe with black patent trim that is on Lunaboston.com right now. I preordered it from another retailer in June.