My First Reveal!

Thank you everyone!

Don't shoot me for saying this, but....I'm a little disappointed in Goyard, to be honest...

These bags remind me of the linen/plasticy bags my grandmother used at the marketplace to carry her vegetables in! They sell them at roadside stands all over India...people there were "green" before it was fashionable, LOL. But anyway, that's how they feel to me. And reading all the issues with cracked straps has me a little nervous. I was so excited to get them, but lifting them out of the box was kind of a disappointment. I thought I'd wait a few days and have them grow on me, but, I think of my grandma's inexpensive bags every time I pick one up! And knowing I spent a few thousand on these would probably kill my grandmother! :P

Would you send them back if you were me?

^^ HI PI.

When I first started playing w/ goyards, I thought the same thing, this is garbage. That being said, I love my Goyards now. I have one GM and one PM St. Louis. GM used only for travel and PM used for sporting events, playful running around.

Now that I am in love with the Marquise style, I would not buy another St. Louis.

When you first get this flat bag, I can understand how you thought---WTH is this?? Am I crazy or is everbody else? But once you fill it and start using it, it does grow on you.

Not sure why, but I don't like the bright colors. My biggest venture out of the ordinary for a bag is the dark blue or marine. If you had one muted color, I would say keep it. I think from your post that you won't carry any of these and would send them all back.

Have you seen the Marquise style?

^^ HI PI.

When I first started playing w/ goyards, I thought the same thing, this is garbage. That being said, I love my Goyards now. I have one GM and one PM St. Louis. GM used only for travel and PM used for sporting events, playful running around.

Now that I am in love with the Marquise style, I would not buy another St. Louis.

When you first get this flat bag, I can understand how you thought---WTH is this?? Am I crazy or is everbody else? But once you fill it and start using it, it does grow on you.

Not sure why, but I don't like the bright colors. My biggest venture out of the ordinary for a bag is the dark blue or marine. If you had one muted color, I would say keep it. I think from your post that you won't carry any of these and would send them all back.

Have you seen the Marquise style?

:P That made me laugh because that was exactly my first impression..."Huh??? Did I get the right bags? Am I missing something?" A lot of Goyard fans I see in other forums here and all have amazing taste, so I KNOW these bags must be worth it, but it's going to take some time to grow on me, I think. I haven't seen the Marquise style...I'm going to do a search for pictures!

I think I'll probably send these back and wait to go to the SF Boutique when DH and I go there in October and actually see and feel these in person before purchasing any more.

:P That made me laugh because that was exactly my first impression..."Huh??? Did I get the right bags? Am I missing something?" A lot of Goyard fans I see in other forums here and all have amazing taste, so I KNOW these bags must be worth it, but it's going to take some time to grow on me, I think. I haven't seen the Marquise style...I'm going to do a search for pictures!

I think I'll probably send these back and wait to go to the SF Boutique when DH and I go there in October and actually see and feel these in person before purchasing any more.

Great idea since you are going to the boutique, keep us posted. :smile:

Also I think personalization really adds to the bag.

Oh, wow, congratulations on your Goyard trifecta! The colours are amazing, love how they're so cheerful. You may find the GM very useful for hauling things around on a daily basis...but if none of these three make the cut, I sure hope you find the right piece for you.

Wow, seriously I love your bags! (even though I have St. Louis in blue).... you have taken a huge step in getting 3 at one go, maybe that's why you are nervous about them?

Maybe it will help to get a more structured piece when you go to the boutique. Even though you are going to return them, I still want to say I love your purchases!

Thank you everyone!

Don't shoot me for saying this, but....I'm a little disappointed in Goyard, to be honest...

These bags remind me of the linen/plasticy bags my grandmother used at the marketplace to carry her vegetables in! They sell them at roadside stands all over India...people there were "green" before it was fashionable, LOL. But anyway, that's how they feel to me. And reading all the issues with cracked straps has me a little nervous. I was so excited to get them, but lifting them out of the box was kind of a disappointment. I thought I'd wait a few days and have them grow on me, but, I think of my grandma's inexpensive bags every time I pick one up! And knowing I spent a few thousand on these would probably kill my grandmother! :P

Would you send them back if you were me?

Hi, purseinsanity!

I was just wondering, did you end up returning the bags? If not, did you eventually grow to like them? I'm planning to get one soon but I don't want to pay $1K+ on something that looks/feels cheap.

The sturdiness definitely does not look cheap. The light weightness maybe feels cheap but Goyard IS for the lightweight and exclusivity.

Not sure about your city but in mine, I don't see a Goyard often. It's an icing on the cake because I happen to love the look of the brand which is not everywhere. The value lies in its history, process and exclusivity. Take some time to understand the history. It made me appreciate the handpainted dots and chevrons.

I was wondering if you decided to keep them or not? I love mine and understand your sentiment when you first see it IRL. I am addicted to the GM and St. Louis style. I love the Marquis style also but the ST. Louis holds so much and really does grow on you. I was in a high end boutique a few weeks back and the girls were fondling my bag and in Awe. They had never seen one before and were asking what it was, the style, the designer, you know the questions one asks when you are interested in something. I love the fact that it's not structured and literally holds your life in there. Also where I live you really don't see Goyard like you would Louis Vuitton. I hope you were able to hang on to at least one bag and give it a go. They really do grow on you. The light blue is TDF!