My first PS1... Is this normal?

morningcolor

May 27, 2014
I just bought my first PS1 form proenzaschouler.com couple weeks ago. When I received the package, i was so excited because the packaging looks brand new, like it was right from the warehouse, not a sample like i was worried before since it was on sale. So I started to use it immediately. After couple days, I noticed that the leather of the flap (the inner flap that's connected to the clasp) looks different (thinner and smoother) than the rest of the bag. Also, on the strap, there is a thread sticking out of the leather. Is it normal?
Another problem is the serial number. On the certificate card it is a 10 digit number. In the bag, the back of the "made in Italy" tag, it is a 3 digit number (002), which is not the last 3 digit of the 10 digit number. How do I know this certificate card belongs to this bag?
Sorry guys, I might be just paranoid. Any of your thoughts is appreciated.flap.jpg strap.jpg number.jpg

Hi, congrats on your PS1 :love:

The leather often has variations but your bag looks like calf leather (a bit thicker). The inner flap is probably just a piece of thinner calf. Lamb leather is thinner and was used for most PS1 colors in the past. Calf leather PS1:s are more durable though.

For the numbers the 3 digit number is just a batch number and was used long before the authentication card was introduced. New PS1:s also have a cloth tag with a 10 digit number but this usually don't match the authentication card. Perhaps the cloth tag was removed in your bag since it was on sale?

Hi, congrats on your PS1 :love:

The leather often has variations but your bag looks like calf leather (a bit thicker). The inner flap is probably just a piece of thinner calf. Lamb leather is thinner and was used for most PS1 colors in the past. Calf leather PS1:s are more durable though.

For the numbers the 3 digit number is just a batch number and was used long before the authentication card was introduced. New PS1:s also have a cloth tag with a 10 digit number but this usually don't match the authentication card. Perhaps the cloth tag was removed in your bag since it was on sale?

Hi, thank you so much for reply!
There's only one tag, and the numbers on it doesn't match the serial number either. What kind of cloth tag do you mean? here's the pic of the card and the tag.
IMG_20170516_123912352.jpg

The numbers usually doesn't match, the card is probably used by the stores if the bag is sent back for repair or similar (the store has the numbers of bags sold, color, size etc).
Here's a pic of the cloth tag https://forum.purseblog.com/attachments/img_1640-1-jpg.3508804/ but it was probably removed before put on sale.

Found the cloth tag. It was hiding in the inner pocket.. You are right the numbers on it doesn't match anything....
Thank you!!!:heart:

Reactions: Elliespurse