My first Prada

missmoimoi

Dec 5, 2009
I just bought this today at Holt Renfrew for 40% off and I'm thrilled! But I just remembered this whole thing about Prada bags being made in China now instead of Italy...I will check the interior tag tonight...I won't be as happy if it's made in China. I have plenty of gorgeous bags made in China and are top quality but they don't come with *made in Italy* price tags. If this is made in China, I really don't know if I want to keep it? It will be a downer so in which case, I should return it.

Prada 001.jpg Prada 002.jpgPrada 003.jpg

I've been waiting for my SA to phone back tonight but no answer so far. So I went ahead and searched through the bag. I had to remove all the stuff of course. According to the authenticity cards, etc, my *satchel* is called City Calfskin Shopper nero. I cannot find a *made in* tag anywhere so I know what THAT means! It is such a gorgeous satchel and I'd love to keep it but this does not make me happy at all so it's giving me Buyer's Remorse. It's so sad though because the quality is there and the luxuriously smooth leather lining is even nicer than the suede lining in my Bottega Veneta but...geez...these prices for Made in China, Romania, Vietnam or wherever??? As soooooo mysterious...you really don't know where it's made! That's just not right. I'll have to return it tomorrow: later morning or early afternoon.

Hmmm...a bit of proof on the positive side? Neiman Marcus states this bag is Made in Italy...I had found the larger version online that just said *Imported* so that wasn't very good. But you'd think that a bag from the Runway Collection would be manufactured in Italy? Let's hope! My SA said it was from the Runway Collection and he was surprised it was included in the promo this weekend. If it's made in Italy, I will keep her.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...00011cat14860749cat40230741&isEditorial=false

I just checked mine now, I found it on the seem on the corner of the inside pocket. It's very small but it's there!
Mine is made in Italy and I pretty sure yours would be too!

Here's a quick picture

Attachments

• image-4030292338.png
    image-4030292338.png
    785.9 KB · Views: 497
oblivion said:
The made in tags r usually found in the inside zip pocket where the prada label is. Turn the pocket inside out n look for the tags in one of the corners.

Whew! Thank you!!!! I was sleeping but woke up disturbed by this. I have a busy Fri ahead of me and now I don't have to worry about this anymore. Worth getting up for because I found the little tags : made in Italy and quality control ID perhaps?

...Except one or two other Pradas caught my eye: one is the lovely soft white flap tote! Also city collection I think. It's not cream but not neon white...so lovely but I know...white. I've carried white leather handbags before without ruining them but nowhere near this price...gee, guess I will still have bags on the brain tomorrow. I wouldn't consider without 40% promo however.

Woah awesome deal! Congrats!!

Are they having sales on a lot of the Prada merchandises at Holts? Or is it just a couple of styles? I didn't check when I was there couple of days ago =(.

ValentineW said:

Are they having sales on a lot of the Prada merchandises at Holts? Or is it just a couple of styles? I didn't check when I was there couple of days ago =(.

Sale just started...only 4 days probably but maybe I'm wrong on that? It does not include every Prada item and certain wallets are excluded but quite a bit. You've got me thinking more too!? Must check out 2nd time :smile:

mona_danya said:
I just checked mine now, I found it on the seem on the corner of the inside pocket. It's very small but it's there!
Mine is made in Italy and I pretty sure yours would be too!

Here's a quick picture

Beautiful hobo! Didn't see this one on our shelves.

Ok, I double-checked. This particular designer sale is on until Dec 24. It's up to 40% on selected items. I bet various items will be added to the sale items...really keeps us on our toes! I have to try hard and forget about the white Prada satchel/tote now! The SA did phone me this morning. He apoligized for not having gotten my messages last night and he verified that my new bag was indeed made in Italy.