My First Prada Bag (Vitello Shine Bowler)

Feb 28, 2010
Hi Pradaholics!!! I'm new and I have never thought of having a Prada bag before. I used to have 'second line' of designer bags, like Just Cavalli and Michael by Michael Kors or Hugo Boss because they are cheaper. But I took the plunge and bought my first Prada bag. This was very brave of me because I never would have thought of spending 1200 Euro on a bag! I have to say that I'm really proud of it. I think the bag is really nice, not too big for my 5'3'' frame even though it's really spacey. It smells really nice and I can't stop sniffing it (sorry, desperately first timer, lol). I love the burgundy color. I think the chain makes the look bag look playful and if I take off the chain it's a classic shaped bag. But actually I'm not a 'classic' kind of girl. I'm also not someone who's self conscious when it comes to color so I guess I will wear it with everything, lol. Thanks for Prada Psycho for making sure it's authentic (went to authenticate this bag section). I guess it will take some time to buy a second one but in the mean time I'm enjoying this bag even though it's last season, lol! What do you guys think? Did I make the right purchase?

Thank you Ladies! When I got the bag, I thought, 'Whoa! That's a very wrinkly bag!' but after reading about it here, it seems like it's a normal thing for Vitello Shine and some even say that such leather will age beautifully (sounds like a skin care ads). The hardware looks oxidized (except the ones on the handles) as well. But I guess it's also a normal thing, no?

Thank you Ladies! When I got the bag, I thought, 'Whoa! That's a very wrinkly bag!' but after reading about it here, it seems like it's a normal thing for Vitello Shine and some even say that such leather will age beautifully (sounds like a skin care ads). The hardware looks oxidized (except the ones on the handles) as well. But I guess it's also a normal thing, no?

Pretreated to look that way. No worries. :tup:

Love this bag. I saw it in NM when it was first released. It was all I could do not to whip out DH's NM card and bring it home!

Thank you for the compliment ladies. This has been my staple everyday bag. Browneyesblue, the inside of the bag is lined with beige pleather. At first I didn't know it was pleather (I knew it from this forum! Lol!). When I opened the bag I was like, how come the inside of the bag is softer and smoother than the bag it self? Lol! The bag is kinda slouchy, so when I put a lot of stuff in it, the base sags a little. So I out a Louis Vuitton Speedy bag base inside so that it stays rigid down there.