My First Post - My First Marc Jacobs Bag

I believe it is a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag. The hardware should say "Marc Jacobs" but with different colors, am I right?

Earlier MbMJ bags did have this type of hardware, which lead people to believe it was an MJ Collection bag. I guess that's why he later changed it to say "Marc by Marc Jacobs"

In terms of the name, I really have no clue. But I am pretty sure it is a very early MbMJ bag.

Hope that helps! (Wow, haven't posted in a long time!)

I believe it is a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag. The hardware should say "Marc Jacobs" but with different colors, am I right?

Earlier MbMJ bags did have this type of hardware, which lead people to believe it was an MJ Collection bag. I guess that's why he later changed it to say "Marc by Marc Jacobs"

In terms of the name, I really have no clue. But I am pretty sure it is a very early MbMJ bag.

Hope that helps! (Wow, haven't posted in a long time!)

You mean a hardware tag like this?

P1010539.jpg

Just called this a Marc Jacobs bag since both the tag on the bag and the dust bag said "Marc Jacobs" - thought it might help to identify it. The price of this bag was definitely at the lower end at the time compared to the MJ Collection bags, and the material used resembles the current MbMJ line more. Just always assumed that it was an entry level Marc Jacobs bag or something.

Agree that they created the MbMJ line later to separate the confusion.

Exactly! That two tone nameplate and zipper pulls was what I was referring to.

Either way, enjoy the bag! Regardless of whether its a MbMJ or MJ bag, it's a cute bag!

Thanks! I just didn't want to sound like I am trying to convince ppl that it's an MJ collection bag. That'll be kind of tacky. :P I learn something new about MJ/MbMJ bags! :smile:

Thanks for all the positive comments and the additional info from fellow PFers regarding this bag! :smile: I wish I can change the name of the thread now. It should be an MbMJ! :smile:

Merry Christmas everyone! :xtree: