My first post - Looking for a lightweight cross body bag!

Jun 2, 2014
My birthday is coming up on Sunday and I am choosing a new bag for myself :biggrin: I am looking for a lightweight bag that I can wear cross body since I have 3 little ones. I already have a few day bags in the tote style and I am ready for a change.

Here's a few that I like:

1) LV Bloomsbury - I love everything about this bag except the material. I already own several bags in the Damier canvas print so I was hoping for a change with this one

2) Balenciaga Part Time - I haven't actually seen this bag in person, but I did see the City and the Velo. I love the look of the City with the Velo strap so I think the Part Time may be for me ;)

3) Chloe Marcie Crossbody in medium - I also haven't seen this exact bag in my local Saks/Neiman's, but I saw the mini one which is adorable and I think for me the medium size would be a great day bag. The Chloe leather is gorgeous!

Any thoughts on this? Also open to other suggestions. Hoping to stay under $2000 for this bag.

Thanks!

I love the Chloe but was disappointed when I tried it on-the strap needs to be about 2" longer to be comfortable-it hit way too high and I'm only 5'5". I would try one on first. I found a great crossbody on sale at Gucci-I posted pics in the modeling thread. Online, the pics make the bag look awful-it needs to be filled with stuff and draped on the body. I love it.

I was about to say "Chloe, hands down!" when I read "lightweight".

Unfortunately, medium-sized leather Chloes weight around 2 lbs. Otherwise, a Marcie is a fabulous choice, so before discarding it altogether try it out in person, stuffed with everything you will be putting into it day-to-day, and walk around with it shoulder-carried and crossbody-carried for awhile before deciding it´s an option, or unbearably heavy.

Balenciaga is nice and light and I love how the leather ages. PT is too big for me but not sure how big you want it to be. You could also consider the Town if it's not too small for your needs.

Balenciaga PT, the Classic one is light weight, the Gaint Hardware one, especially the Giant 21 is heavy.

I want to recommend the Louis Vuitton Speedy 25/30 Bandouliere, it's super light and versatile