My first pair of Manolo Blanhiks

debbah

Chanel-aholic
May 17, 2012
I'm so excited. Went to a new consignment shop today and they had an amazing collection of designer shoes, including Gucci, Prada, Jimmy Choo and Blanhiks. I spied a pair of eggplant/aubergine colored t-strap slingback pumps but they were a size 9 (I'm a 9 1/2 edging toward 10). Tried them on anyway and they fit (I think because of the slingback there was a little more room in the heel than normally!). They are surprisingly comfortable too, super soft leather.

The highest-end shoes I've bought before were either Stewart Weitzman or Donald Pliner. I couldn't believe it, and they were a steal too.

Just thought I'd share with some ladies who can relate!

I'm so excited. Went to a new consignment shop today and they had an amazing collection of designer shoes, including Gucci, Prada, Jimmy Choo and Blanhiks. I spied a pair of eggplant/aubergine colored t-strap slingback pumps but they were a size 9 (I'm a 9 1/2 edging toward 10). Tried them on anyway and they fit (I think because of the slingback there was a little more room in the heel than normally!). They are surprisingly comfortable too, super soft leather.

The highest-end shoes I've bought before were either Stewart Weitzman or Donald Pliner. I couldn't believe it, and they were a steal too.

Just thought I'd share with some ladies who can relate!
Congrats,

Enjoy, lets see some pictures. Beware it is a slippery slope after you get your first pair.

Congrats,

Enjoy, lets see some pictures. Beware it is a slippery slope after you get your first pair.

Thanks, that's what I'm afraid of! It's like what happened to me and Chanel nail polish - INSANITY!

I really lucked out - these are barely worn and in great shape. I can't wait to wear them!

picture.php

debbah said:
Thanks, that's what I'm afraid of! It's like what happened to me and Chanel nail polish - INSANITY!

I really lucked out - these are barely worn and in great shape. I can't wait to wear them!

Lovely -- Congrats on a great find!

And Manolos can definitely be addictive (and dangerous for your budget)... But they're soooo pretty and comfy (I've found them to run a bit big in the d'orsay styles, too!), so it seems okay... Right? :smile:

Lovely! That shade of purple looks so pretty :loveeyes:

Thanks, yes I think it will go with a lot of things!

They are pretty! Congrats!

Thank you! I am really excited! Wearing them today (planned a whole outfit around them!)

Lovely -- Congrats on a great find!

And Manolos can definitely be addictive (and dangerous for your budget)... But they're soooo pretty and comfy (I've found them to run a bit big in the d'orsay styles, too!), so it seems okay... Right? :smile:

I am AMAZED at how comfortable these are. And these are higher heels than I'm used to (I usually wear 2 - 2 1/2 inch heels, these are over 3-inches). I guess that is Manolo's magic, though, isn't it?

Ooh great find, congrats! These won't be your last Manolos - they're a slippery slope. :P

Thank you! I am already planning and scheming for my next pair!

Congrats!

Thank you!

Congrats!!! Yea Manolos are *totally* a slippery slope. I have these black suede peeptoes that I wear to death I will weep the day they fall apart

Yeah, I'm getting that! I'm already skulking eBay to see what else I can find!

Congratulations! Manolos are hands down the most comfortable heels I have ever owned. :biggrin:

IKR? I am totally shocked at how comfortable these are, even though the heel is higher than I'm used to. They are AMAZING shoes!