My first pair CL.....buyer remorse

honolulu168

Little sheep 988
O.G.
May 17, 2008
Hello!
I went to Nieman Marcus Today, and bought my first pair of CL. I got a Black Patent Cathay. Paid about $800 for it. It is so hard to get my size. I was able to get one today, but I am still shocked with the price. I have never paid this high price for a pair of shoes.

I always want to own a CL, but now I have buyer remorse. I think this shoes are very similar to my Fendi slingback. I am not sure the shoes are that comfortable. But I have to say it is very elegant.
Should I return it and don't think about CL again? I tried several other pairs, just do not work for me.

Please let me know what you think.
Thank you very much.

I had buyers remorse over my first pair of CL's that I paid full price for. It went away once I wore them out! Not only did I feel sexy, but I got tons of compliments and whispers about my shoes. So worth the price.

if you dont like it and haven't worn it... then return it! there are plenty of other styles of CLs to choose from. Find a pair that you really :love:! don't settle!!!

Yes, with all these luxury designer shoes and bags, you have to really feel like they are giving you something "worth it" that is highly individual otherwise don't do it. Return it. I see you've got a Birkin - so you will understand if I say to you, what if someone said to you " I got this cherry red Birkin, but I'm not sure if it's going to fit what I need and I'm not sure if it goes with anything I have"? To pay that kinda $$$$ and not LOVEEEEEEE them is craaazzyyyy.

I think returning them would be the right thing to do. There are so many styles out there and I'm sure you'll find something that works for you and if not, that's okay as well. I mean, there are plenty of beautiful shoes out there without red soles (don't ban me for this lol)

Return them, follow the Deals and Steals thread and try to pick up a pair on sale to ease yourself into the brand.

I think it is good to keep an open mind about the options all brands offer!

I agree that you should pick a pair you're in love with! And you're considering returning so they may not be the pair for you. Especially since they're similar to your Fendis. There are lots of CL styles, so keep trying them on until you find one you love and have nothing else like. Don't give up on CL yet! They're worth it!

So I say return and keep looking!

i remember the first time i paid full retail for a pair of exotic shoes... my purple lizard VPs, they were $1395 + NYC tax.... i was literally nauseous when i paid for them. cold, sweaty, clammy... the feeling passed when i wore the shoes for the first time, i was (and still am) so in love with them.... so, it was worth it for me.

so... do you feel this way? it not, return them. find another pair of shoes you'll break that barrier for, and be worth every single cent.

^^I couldn't have said it any better! I think it's totally normal feeling buyer's remorse for expensive items so long as it doesn't triumph the feeling of excitement and gratification from what you bought. I think the way I feel about it would would be, "I can't believe I spent this much money but God they're sooo hot".

I had buyer's remorse when i got my first pair of CL's, and that's that I only paid $450 for my Pigalles on outnet.com, but I really did love them and now I don't take them off. Might be worth it but if you're not totally obsessed with them, then take them back and get something you can't live without.

I think it's normal to feel buyer's remorse with the first anything. I felt it for my first Chanel because it was just a lot of money to be spending on one item, but once you start wearing it you'll soon forget about it. Don't let it stop you from enjoying your first pair of CL's (especially when it's something hard to find!)