My First Pair... A Slippery Slope of CL Obsession

FlipDiver

O.G.
Nov 4, 2010
Hello TPF people!

I should have introduced myself when I first joined TPF, but I've had my hands full building up my collection!

My CL addiction started earlier this month. I felt depressed about having to leave my newborn and return to work after my three month maternity leave, so I decided to treat myself to a pair of these Christian Louboutins that everybody's raving about. I headed over to my local Saks, and immediately fell in love: Black Patent Decollete. I remember thinking how crazy I was to spend $595 on a pair of shoes, but I justified the exorbitant price tag by convincing myself and my husband that my usual Nine West work pumps constantly have to be replaced because of wear and tear. And I would only need one pair, right? I was so young and naive back then.... little did I know how much I would spend in just these past couple weeks!

I was unsure about Decollete sizing, and after a quick google search I found this website and all you helpful ladies! My obsession grew as I searched thread after thread of your amazing collections. My "just one pair" mentality flew out the window, and in just two weeks my collection quickly grew to include black patent Decollete, red karey Decollete, black velvet Decoltissimo, black kid Simple 100, and black patent Lapono. I had a pair of black patent Ron Rons but it was too tight and they didn't have my size in stock so I reluctantly returned them.

That's all. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for all your help!

Here's a quick pic of my Decolletes that I took at work and emailed to my friend, who couldn't believe I bought a pair of Christian Louboutins :biggrin:

CLDecollete.jpg

Welcome!! I too had the "one pair will do" mentality. I told myself (and my family) that just one pair would be special.

By the way, the black decolletes look great on you!

Yeah, I remember those early days when one pair was going to do...and then after my first TPF meetup I bought 4 more and thought, NOW I'm done... <eyes her closet shelves askance; hopes her husband can't count>