my first mulberry shall be a pink bayswater - which one?

veneti

Pocketbook Queen ;)
O.G.
Feb 16, 2012
hi, since i saw the new bridget jones movie i want to buy a bayswater like her, but in pink.
right now i am watching 2 different shades, this light pink rose shade (pic 1+2) and the rose petal pink (pic 3-5, all 3 pics are the same bag. is that normal that the petal pink looks so different in different light?)

which one would you suggest?
is it hard to keep them clean since the colors are so light?
does anybody own a petal pink one? is it a peachy pink with orange undertones or a cooler pink with blue undertones?

thanks so much for any advice :smile:

rose pink (stated as blush pink by the seller)
IMG_1488719063.180975.jpgIMG_1488719073.879137.jpg

petal pink:
IMG_1488719100.947166.jpg
IMG_1488719110.308199.jpg
IMG_1488719121.401114.jpg

hi, since i saw the new bridget jones movie i want to buy a bayswater like her, but in pink.
right now i am watching 2 different shades, this light pink rose shade (pic 1+2) and the rose petal pink (pic 3-5, all 3 pics are the same bag. is that normal that the petal pink looks so different in different light?)

which one would you suggest?
is it hard to keep them clean since the colors are so light?
does anybody own a petal pink one? is it a peachy pink with orange undertones or a cooler pink with blue undertones?

thanks so much for any advice :smile:

rose pink (stated as blush pink by the seller)
View attachment 3623947View attachment 3623948

petal pink:
View attachment 3623949
View attachment 3623950
View attachment 3623951

Hi, I'm not a pink person at all, but prefer the 2nd one

I would also suggest that before you purchase either, that you get them both authenticated over in the shopping thread 'authenticate this mulberry'

Hi, I'm not a pink person at all, but prefer the 2nd one

I would also suggest that before you purchase either, that you get them both authenticated over in the shopping thread 'authenticate this mulberry'

thank you for your advice, yes of course i had them both authenticated on our mulberry forum.

does the pink get dirty very easy? i mean i have light colored chanel and balenciaga bags that keep clean so well, and then i have proenza schouler bags that show every little dirt so fast.
how are the mulberry bags? [emoji4]

Hello! I have no pink bags so cannot offer care advice but just wanted to say how pretty they are. My choice would be petal , I prefer the tone. I think you have to expect that it will get marks over time but if you treat her prior to use and at regular intervals she will be fine :smile: please show us which one you decide

thank you [emoji4]
what do you think about this petal pink bag i posted? what does the color actually look like? more light pink or more peach pink?

Collonil spray is a must, to offer some protection against stains, whichever one you choose (I prefer the second bag!) Also, I'd avoid contact with denim or dark colours which may cause colour transfer to your bag.

Agree with the other members, the petal pink. The silver tone hardware blends better giving a cooler tone. Collonil waterstop will help keep whichever you choose protected from colour transfer and rain. Look forward to seeing which you go for.
:smile:

I love pinks in bags! My lily is a rose petal like the 2nd bag you've posted, so you can see a comparison. Bryn at the back is dark blush, to the left is an Aspinal dusky pink Lottie. Aspinal blossom kaviar heart purse and a MK fuschia purse. :biggrin: Also have a bright pink EW Mitzy which I forgot to pic. I definitely prefer the 2nd bag to the 1st - dusky pinks are the best! I've used my lily a few times and no marks at all but it is colloniled to the max :P Xx

IMG_5939.JPG

Ok, i am going to be an odd egg - i like rose/blush, the first one, imho it's very pretty clean pink, which perfectly work with purple/dark blue/light blue/clean green and grey, while the second would probably go better with brown/camel palette clothes.
Have fun deciding :flowers:

Reactions: coolmelondew
thank you so much for all your replies and advice, I appreciate that, and that's why i love this forum so much!!
It was really hard to decide, but i chose the first pink one, that's just more my style and color and wardrobe - since i am a "pretty in pink" person I felt i will love this candy color better. After seeing more photos of the petal one the peachy undertone of the second bag turned me off and will not fit as good in my wardrobe as the Barbie pink one. The bag is on the way and i will show you when it arrives :smile: i am so excited since this is my first mulberry bag :smile:

thank you so much for all your replies and advice, I appreciate that, and that's why i love this forum so much!!
It was really hard to decide, but i chose the first pink one, that's just more my style and color and wardrobe - since i am a "pretty in pink" person I felt i will love this candy color better. After seeing more photos of the petal one the peachy undertone of the second bag turned me off and will not fit as good in my wardrobe as the Barbie pink one. The bag is on the way and i will show you when it arrives :smile: i am so excited since this is my first mulberry bag :smile:
Yyeeeeeyyyy!!!!! :happydance::yahoo::tup: