My First Mulberry Post and Decision Question!

lordguinny

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Hello Mulberry lovers! :flowers: My typical PF haunts are in Balenciaga, Chanel and LV forums. I have spent the past few days venturing into the Mulberry pages and I think I am now hooked!

I was originally drawn to the Alexa due to its slouchy structure, but am thinking I should stick to the classic Bayswater bag as my first Mulberry. My question is, should I go with one of the standard staple colors (Oak, Black, Chocolate) or venture into the more colorful world (Fuchsia, Green, Blues)? As a bbag girl at heart, I am naturally drawn to bright fun colors. :biggrin: However, I also respect going in headfirst by sticking to the brand's most iconic color/model (when I started on bbags I went with the classic city in black, and then ventured into the colors after that).

So ladies, what's your recommendation? Has anyone gone the colorful route first over the classic colors? Or vice versa? :cutesy:

Welcome. :smile:
Mulbs come in different leathers. Affects how they perform/look.
In reference library, is leather thread. May help you decide which needed, for how want to use bag. And climate.
http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry-reference-library/the-different-mulberry-leathers-a-guide-176042.html

Bayswater is lovely.
But often disagrees with people, who dislike hand-held/arm crook carry. Or find bag heavy, when loaded up.
Some bays can be worn on shoulder. Requires irl test of handle length, to be sure. Vary a bit, for no apparent reason. ;)

I chose oxblood nvt with suede lining.
And wear on shoulder.
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3156057&stc=1&d=1444744168
Never have regretted purchase.
Wildly colored bayswaters overpowering, for my taste. So choose smaller wild bags. :biggrin:

Encourage visit to mulb store, for irl play with bag styles.
Just to be certain suits you.
Also, colors may appear different than online, or vary slightly with leather type.
And nice to pick particular leather grain, if natural, as will be unique.

Best luck.

Welcome and agree with what's remainsilly says, bays are not for everyone due to weight

If you decide on a bays, I'd suggest a samorga liner to help keep shape and organise the content to help even out the load

I'm boring, so won't give any advice on colour as it would be Oxblood, black, navy, grey or oak

Have fun and ensure you keep us updated please

Hello and welcome. :smile: My first mulberry was a raspberry bayswater and as much as I love her I rarely use her! I personally find the bayswater too heavy. I've considered moving her on but can't seem to part with her! In hindsight I wish I'd gone for a core colour like oak and a different style such as a small bayswater satchel. Good luck deciding. :smile:

Welcome, either bags are classic but agree with remainsilly in trying both on to see what works. I personally started with core and neutral colours before venturing out but as your a bright lover I'd go with whatever colour you're drawn too. Good luck

Last edited:
I have one or two (cough!) and my first was black printed. Since then added or had brought choc, oak, midnight, sea blue, poppy red, oxblood and mole grey. Heaviest black printed lightest sea blue/mole grey. Don't buy one unless you try. Some people hate the fact that it doesn't fit on their shoulder when wearing certain coats. I carry mine in the crook of my arm or on the shoulder.

I love bays in bright colours!! Cosmic blue from recent season is fabulous, or slightly more muted I love eggplant.

Can't go wrong with a core colour though, choose whichever one makes your heart sing.

I love bays in bright colours!! Cosmic blue from recent season is fabulous, or slightly more muted I love eggplant.

Can't go wrong with a core colour though, choose whichever one makes your heart sing.

Agree with all the ladies advice above. I got a natural leather to start which I think is slightly lighter in weight to carry about. I've just recently got another Bayswater in oak and am in love. Just go with your heart after having a good play with a few. The right colour will choose you....:graucho:

Hello Mulberry lovers! :flowers: My typical PF haunts are in Balenciaga, Chanel and LV forums. I have spent the past few days venturing into the Mulberry pages and I think I am now hooked!

I was originally drawn to the Alexa due to its slouchy structure, but am thinking I should stick to the classic Bayswater bag as my first Mulberry. My question is, should I go with one of the standard staple colors (Oak, Black, Chocolate) or venture into the more colorful world (Fuchsia, Green, Blues)? As a bbag girl at heart, I am naturally drawn to bright fun colors. :biggrin: However, I also respect going in headfirst by sticking to the brand's most iconic color/model (when I started on bbags I went with the classic city in black, and then ventured into the colors after that).

So ladies, what's your recommendation? Has anyone gone the colorful route first over the classic colors? Or vice versa? :cutesy:
I love the bayswater style and have classic colours and colour pops. I would say start with a neutral and then get a colour pop if you love the style and it works for you.

Wow, thank you ladies for all of the feedback. It seems that before I make a color decision I will hit up the boutiques and try the Bays on. Once I am there I am sure a color, whether it's neutral or bright will speak to me. Thank you again ladies! :tup:

Hello, and welcome to the Forum! 😀

I have both Alexas and Bayswaters and do like the option of the shoulder strap on the Lexy. Also, she's a smaller, easier bag for everyday use. However, of the two I always think that the Bayswater is the classic Mulberry - and the oak is the classic Bayswater! That said, you do see more oak Bayswaters than any other Mulberry and it's sometimes good to have something a little different! If you prefer brighter colours, I'd suggest trying on a few and seeing which sings to you and which you would use the most. I use my patent scribbly floral Bayswater (and matching Lily!) a fair bit but haven't yet used my lovely pistachio Bays. Maybe the Spring will inspire me to get her out! Graphite, mole grey and putty are all gorgeous, muted shades that go with just about everything - and the outlets may still have them with the suede lining (as opposed to the microfibre lining on several Bayswaters on M.com).

Good luck - and keep us posted! 😉

I don't have a Bayswater (yet! Am considering one as we speak though :smile:) but certainly coming from a different brand perspective, I think the Mulberry classics look a bit fresher in brighter colours! It's nice to have neutrals of course but if you already have some neutral bags from other brands, then I would have a little fun and get a brighter coloured Mulberry. The traditional look and clean lines of the Bayswater can take it I think! :tup:

Alexa!! Lol I'm all for the alexa because it can be worn so many different ways! But the bayswayer is a great classic staple too! I would go classic colors but maybe I'm a bit boring [emoji39]

Welcome and agree with what's remainsilly says, bays are not for everyone due to weight

If you decide on a bays, I'd suggest a samorga liner to help keep shape and organise the content to help even out the load

I'm boring, so won't give any advice on colour as it would be Oxblood, black, navy, grey or oak

Have fun and ensure you keep us updated please
Hi there, I notice you mentioned something to keep the shape of the bayswater bag - samorga liner? would be grateful if you could indicate what this is and where I can get one?

thank you!
F