My First Mj!

OMG! that bag is beautiful! and you did get it at a steal! I have the Sophia in maroon, it works for me because I like shoulder bags. You should really go with whichever one fits your lifestyle. Venetia is big and roomy, sometimes hard to fit on the shoulder, whereas the Sophia is somewhat on the smaller side, comfortable on the shoulder.

And if you decide to return it.. let us know! I'm sure one of us will snatch it up! LOL.

Aiyaiyai, really? Now I'm having issues--I fear all the shiny shiny nickel is too showy for me and am considering going back/exchanging for the Sophia... Here's the thing: my style is classic yet funky (ie classic, awesome bag but in funky color), and I tend to do most of my funkification with bags and shoes. That said, does anyone find the Venetia to be a little too much for them? Or am I just inhaling too much New Bag Smell? Here are pics below--I tried to get up close at the color because it really is a very rich purple, looks more like what I'd call eggplant.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

superfriday...it's a gorgeous bag!!! i think you should keep it but at the same time i understand where you're coming from. i agree that maybe you should get both bags...sleep on it or with it:lol: and return one.

Gorgeous Venetia, and what a score too with the price! I've had my Venetia for years, and I've never had to protect it with anything. I find the leather to be amazingly resilient.

Enjoy your new MJ!

Superfriday, this is as rich and delightful as I thought it would be!! Love love love love! <--- I am definetly not much help with this. I think I can smell the new bag smell from here!

Brand new for under $400!!! If you don't want it, I guarantee someone will pay that and more if you want to resell it!!! I love it!! I wish our Off Fifth wasn't a 90+ minute drive.

Thanks, y'all. Of course I went back for the Sophia so I could agonize at home in private, but it was gone. So it's a sign! I'm sporting it for the first time today, and you're right, it is fab. Sure, it's kinda heavy and I can't put it on my shoulder BUT it's way roomy and the color is TDF. I'll try and take a pic of us later. :smile:

(Not that I didn't buy another when I went back to check LOL: they had the very cute Kira which I bought in eggshell but sadly I may return or sell it bc I just don't trust myself with that color. It's supercute tho.)

i'm sorry about the sophia. i was waiting to hear about your decision. it's ok we'll just have to keep looking for a sophia. if i find one...i'll let you know but the venetia is very lovely. are you still interested in the blake? saw some blake in spearmint at my Nordstrom Rack San Francisco $495.