My first mini...but now so sad!

Chrangela27

Nov 3, 2016
I was so excited, I bought my very first mini today, and it was the pink rectangular chevron from cruise. After unboxing it, I was taking off the protective film from the turnlock, and this happens! Some of the gold has lifted along with the film! I'm so sad... :crybaby:20161229_184030.jpg

I was so excited, I bought my very first mini today, and it was the pink rectangular chevron from cruise. After unboxing it, I was taking off the protective film from the turnlock, and this happens! Some of the gold has lifted along with the film! I'm so sad... :crybaby:View attachment 3560385
Do not despair... Best to hold on to this one until she located a new one to swap. if she doesn't have a new one for exchange, insist that instead of "fixing" the peeled hardware, make them take out this defective "stem" and replace it with a new equivalent part it should be such a simple change out of the hardware and it would have been like new/this never happened (vs. them trying to repair the peeled paint). hope this description makes sense to you - better to have a part replaced with a brand new one (installation only- no big deal - still brand new bag) than to fix a defective part which the effect may not last. Sorry that you have this problem but it's probably one of the better problems to have that can be easily fixed vs like leather problems etc. which would not be as simple! :console:

Oh no sorry to see this! Hope your SA can locate a new one for you soon, or as above poster said, ask for a part replacement (rather than a repair). Being a current season item your country's repair centre should have the part in stock. Good luck

Do not despair... Best to hold on to this one until she located a new one to swap. if she doesn't have a new one for exchange, insist that instead of "fixing" the peeled hardware, make them take out this defective "stem" and replace it with a new equivalent part it should be such a simple change out of the hardware and it would have been like new/this never happened (vs. them trying to repair the peeled paint). hope this description makes sense to you - better to have a part replaced with a brand new one (installation only- no big deal - still brand new bag) than to fix a defective part which the effect may not last. Sorry that you have this problem but it's probably one of the better problems to have that can be easily fixed vs like leather problems etc. which would not be as simple! :console:
Thanks for the advice, and it makes perfect sense. I hope it goes as smooth as it sounds! And you're right, it does sound like a "better" problem to have, just wish I never got it! Haha

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I was so excited, I bought my very first mini today, and it was the pink rectangular chevron from cruise. After unboxing it, I was taking off the protective film from the turnlock, and this happens! Some of the gold has lifted along with the film! I'm so sad... :crybaby:View attachment 3560385
SO sorry for hearing this. Hope that you will get a new one soon.
In fact, I bought my new white rectangular mini from this season three weeks ago. I was too busy lately and did not bother to lift up the protective film. Your post reminded me and I just went to lift it up. It is very tight and difficult to peel the film off. Luckily, the hardware appeared ok after I took off the film. I do hope that Chanel has consistent quality.

SO sorry for hearing this. Hope that you will get a new one soon.
In fact, I bought my new white rectangular mini from this season three weeks ago. I was too busy lately and did not bother to lift up the protective film. Your post reminded me and I just went to lift it up. It is very tight and difficult to peel the film off. Luckily, the hardware appeared ok after I took off the film. I do hope that Chanel has consistent quality.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get a replacement soon. I'm glad that the hardware on your bag came out fine. I also noticed that the film was very tight and difficult to peel off my bag too.

Oh man, I would have cried! I'm glad all the lovely ladies of tpf had good suggestions!
Yes, everyone has been helpful and reassuring. When I saw that little piece lift off with the film I couldn't believe my eyes and my heart sank. :eek:I held back the tears because I didn't want my boyfriend to see me cry over a purse haha

You did the right thing to contact your SA straight away, don't worry they will take care of it and soon you will have a perfect mini back in your hands. You also did well to hold back the tears, my heart would have skipped a beat, so well done you. Don't worry as Chanel needs to sort it out for their reputation. Let us know!

Reactions: Chrangela27
You did the right thing to contact your SA straight away, don't worry they will take care of it and soon you will have a perfect mini back in your hands. You also did well to hold back the tears, my heart would have skipped a beat, so well done you. Don't worry as Chanel needs to sort it out for their reputation. Let us know!
I'm sure they'll take care of it and I'll definitely keep everyone updated!