My first MAC dissapointment?

Kenia

Nov 10, 2007
I recently bought a Technakohl eyeliner and I was so excited to try it out, but I can't seem to apply it. This is my first "automatic" eyeliner, and while it comes on the back of my hand smoothly, when I try to put it on my eye nothing goes on. I tried applying more pressure, and still nothing... This sucks.

What am I doing wrong? Has this happened to you all? How do you ladies feel about technakohls?

Hmmm...I love the Technakohl liners. I have no idea why you wouldn't be able to get it on. I wish I could be of more help. Sometimes eyeliner goes on more smoothly if you squeeze the tip between your fingers a few seconds to warm it up...

I haven't found anything wrong with them. I like liquid and gel better though, less tugging at the eyes and you can get cleaner lines with it. maybe it's your eyelid texture. is it a bit bumpy? Try putting a paint, paint pot, UDPP, or something underneath so it's nice and smooth. Roll the eyeliner between your hands a bit to warm it up.

I just though of another thing: if my lids are oily, my pencil will not go on. Try dusting your lids with some powder or use the UDPP as Frosty suggested if this is a problem.

I recently bought a Technakohl eyeliner and I was so excited to try it out, but I can't seem to apply it. This is my first "automatic" eyeliner, and while it comes on the back of my hand smoothly, when I try to put it on my eye nothing goes on. I tried applying more pressure, and still nothing... This sucks.

What am I doing wrong? Has this happened to you all? How do you ladies feel about technakohls?

This is so odd, I just bought one last week, and it is sooo creamy, it goes on smoothly right away. Do you think there is a chance you bought one that's like maybe expired or something ? Did you buy it at an outlet ? :shrugs:

WOW.... I'm really shocked by the replies. Maybe it is old? I dont remember if its from the CCO or MAC. Atleast this thread is comforting for me because I know MAC has not dissapointed its just this eyeliner thats :cursing:.
I'm trying to find the date code thingy. How long does eyeliner last?

I don't wear pencil eyeliners anymore because, like Frosty said, they tug your eyelids, but when I did, I used to shoot the blowdryer at the tip for a couple of seconds to soften it. Goes on smooth like a liquid, but you have better control because it's a pencil.

Since trying BB's Gel Liners, I don't think I'll ever use another pencil though!