My first LV

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. HI everyone! This morning I ordered my very first LV piece, the speedy 25 from eluxury. I am so excited, but I am very nervous about the handles. Since I eventually want to achieve an even patina, would you recommend that I waterproof the handles before using it? What should I use to treat the leather?
    Thanks for your help!

2. OH MY GOD! NO! DO NOT treat the vachetta/natural cowhide WITH ANY KIND OF CHEMICAL!!! That's the reason why vachetta leather on Vuitton's Monogram items achieve a patina, because it's UNTREATED. By you treating it, you will most likely discolor the leather. :blink:

Just let the leather tan itself naturally; no treatments necessary!

3. Congratz on your new LV. To keep the leather soft and clean, I clean my LV pieces with apple garde. They also have a water proofing formula, but I don't use it, because I never take my LV out in wet conditions. http://leatherstuff.com/shop/index.php?id=269 Here's a link to it. It's not badly priced and shipping is like 5 dollars.

4. Congrats Faith :biggrin: Good thing you ordered it now, price increase is coming up :mad:

5. The main reason I wanted to get it was because of the price increase, then when I saw the free shipping upgrade on Eluxury, I was sold! I have a large Coach, Dooney & Bourke and Cole Haan collection, but I wanted to upgrade! Next I need a wallet...

6. Hurry, hurry, hurry, get a LV wallet :nuts: or perhaps a small ring agenda. I use mine to house credit cards and some extra folded bills ...yeah right :lol: All kidding aside, the agenda is wonderful, plus you can still get it by V-Day if you order by 11:59 am PST. :smile:

7. Leave the bag by a window and rotate it for approx 2 weeks it will begin to develop an even patina.

8. Oh that's smart !!! I've never heard of that ! I would like my Speedy 40 handles to patina evenly and not get that dirty look in the middle. Of course I am a hand washing fanatic, comes from my days of working in the infants room at a daycare.

9. congrats on your first LV piece!!! i must say my speedy 30's handles are finally changing colour :smile: very exciting!

10. Purse Fanatic, I know exactly what you are talking about when you say the speedy handles get that dirty look in the middle. I am hoping to avoid that at all costs!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice