My First LV

dk2504

O.G.
Nov 21, 2005
Okay girls, I need your help!!
I'm looking to purchase my first LV. I was never really a LV fan, but the damier canvas has really grown on me. I was looking to get the larger papillon (i think its the 30). I like the shape of the speedy as well, but dont really like the monogram since I personally cant tell the difference between a real and fake lv monogram. Does the speedy come in damier? Or should I just stick with the papillon?? LV EXPERTS PLEASE HELP!!

edsbgrl

Smile!
O.G.
Dec 14, 2005
First if you need advice on real v/s fake, go to http://www.mypoupette.com/. Excellent source for helping you on deciphering fakes from authentics.

Did you know you can get the speedy in the Epi leather?

Here's some pics from Eluxury.com.

Attachments

• Speedy Epi.jpg
    Speedy Epi.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Speedy Epi Black.jpg
    Speedy Epi Black.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Speedy Epi Brown.jpg
    Speedy Epi Brown.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 71

star3777

Fellow "Passionista"
Nov 20, 2005
I walked into Hermes today and tried on a $7000. Kelly. Pretty. I know the girls on this blg will disagree, but I went straight to LV right after to be sure and I am going with the LV macha Waltz if they can get one... The kelly was a a perfect size, 25cm,gold(tan). It was gorgeous but did not excite me the same way the LV boutique did! They are on a search for me, there are none available in Canada. I need this for a night bag. I think it suits me more than the kelly. What do you think?

Can't find a picture of the kelly.

Attachments

• 5f_12.jpg
    5f_12.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 121

Irissy

Balenciaga's lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2005
star3777 said:
I walked into Hermes today and tried on a $7000. Kelly. Pretty. I know the girls on this blg will disagree, but I went straight to LV right after to be sure and I am going with the LV macha Waltz if they can get one... The kelly was a a perfect size, 25cm,gold(tan). It was gorgeous but did not excite me the same way the LV boutique did! They are on a search for me, there are none available in Canada. I need this for a night bag. I think it suits me more than the kelly. What do you think?

Ooohh la la... I love this LV!!! :love: Is it out yet and how much? Will it cost me my right arm and left leg? lol

star3777

Fellow "Passionista"
Nov 20, 2005
Irissy said:
Ooohh la la... I love this LV!!! :love: Is it out yet and how much? Will it cost me my right arm and left leg? lol

Yes it has been out for awhile i am late in the game! That is why I have to wait and see (but they will get it ).It is much less expensive, about $5000. USD. The kelly doesnt do it for me, I was not drooling at all. Do you think I am crazy and should invest that cash for a birkin, they said I have to wait one year for sure!!! Unless someone opts out or goes on vacation and never picks it up.

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
star3777 said:

star, i gotta say, i really love this LV - its one of my favorites of theirs. i'd go for it over a kelly, i don't know why, but neither the kellys nor the birkins excite me the way that i think they should based on everyone else's reactions. i love intricate details and the hermes bags just seem a tad...plain. sacriledge, i know. i love the contrast of the traditional monogram with the exotic skins on the LV.

star3777

Fellow "Passionista"
Nov 20, 2005
amanda said:
star, i gotta say, i really love this LV - its one of my favorites of theirs. i'd go for it over a kelly, i don't know why, but neither the kellys nor the birkins excite me the way that i think they should based on everyone else's reactions. i love intricate details and the hermes bags just seem a tad...plain. sacriledge, i know. i love the contrast of the traditional monogram with the exotic skins on the LV.

Really, you express yourself well. You must do well in school! I have to say I agree with everything you said and you just confirmed to me my gutt feeling....The kelly is plain, boring.Also, I think I will wear this at night forever, black, brown honey, all involved!

Irissy

Balenciaga's lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2005
star3777 said:
Yes it has been out for awhile i am late in the game! That is why I have to wait and see (but they will get it ).It is much less expensive, about $5000. USD. The kelly doesnt do it for me, I was not drooling at all. Do you think I am crazy and should invest that cash for a birkin, they said I have to wait one year for sure!!! Unless someone opts out or goes on vacation and never picks it up.

$5000?? :weird: ::fainted::

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
star3777 said:
Really, you express yourself well. You must do well in school! I have to say I agree with everything you said and you just confirmed to me my gutt feeling....The kelly is plain, boring.Also, I think I will wear this at night forever, black, brown honey, all involved!

thanks :love: i do ok, but i'm a magazine journalism major, so i basically want to be able to write my opinions about bags for a living, lol. i really think the LV is a great choice, particularly since it was your gut feeling already. i'm always happier going with a bag that i love immediately, as soon as i set eyes on it, rather than one that takes some time to grow on me. i knew it when i saw the IF audra, i knew it when i saw the paddington - bag love at first site!