My First LV... Which One?

Couturable

Proud Bagaholic
O.G.
Aug 12, 2009
I need some advice... I'm FINALLY about to purchase my first LV and I want it to be a good classic bag that won't go out of style in a year or two. I tend to make "trendy" designer bag purchases and I'm trying to avoid that now. I'm 24 and I love bigger bags to carry all my everyday stuff to and from work.

So here's my dilemma: My heart says Monogram Neverfull MM (possibly GM), but I'm concerned that the straps are too flimsy and it's not "classic" enough. I saw a well used one the other day and I was horrified at how misshaped and how tired it looked.

So the practical side of me wants a better constructed bag like the Monogram Batignolles Horizontal or (my wild card) the Montorgueil GM. Yet I feel like these lack a "style" and are a bit more plain. Then again I guess that makes them more classic.

I know that it's subjective and everyone's tastes differ, but I was hoping to get a few different opinions before I make this purchase. I'm torn!
I should have joined TPF long ago! This is my first post, but I'm sure there are many more to come! (Hopefully on the Chanel boards soon!) I appreciate you taking the time, thanks! :biggrin:

^^You're so right tauketula about Mono NFs...mine looked trashed after a couple of months and I am very particular when handling my bags. I now have a Damier NF and it is gorgeous.

Thanks for all the responses! I do like the Galliera PM - GM might be too big, (I can't believe I'm saying that) but no votes for the Monogram Batignolles (horizontal)? Too 'blah'?

Thanks for all the responses! I do like the Galliera PM - GM might be too big, (I can't believe I'm saying that) but no votes for the Monogram Batignolles (horizontal)? Too 'blah'?
BH is too blah. galliera is a winner. it's stunning to look at yet casual to wear. :] galliera would be the perfect big bag to wear for everyday.