My first LV purchase - Tivoli PM or Speedy 25/30

If you are down to the speedy 25 and the tivoli, then I say tivoli. I am 5'0 and just under 100 lbs (so very tiny) and I have the speedy 30 (using it today actually) and I love it! But since you feel like the 30 is too big for you, I vote the tivoli becuase I feel like you might grow out of the speedy 25 in a few years.

Hi!

I have saved up and am ready to treat myself to an LV bag for my 28th birthday. I don't have many designer bags; a Botkier black patent medium Sasha and a mouse colored Bulga double zip satchel..........both great sale deals that I found.
I am a conservative dresser and am 5'0 and 110lbs. I have been drooling over both the speedy 25/30 and the tivoli pm..........which one should i get???? Both are beautiful and I just can't decide. I don't know much about LV and the only research I've done on these two bags is on this forum.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Although both are beautiful, the Tivoli is less common. I'd say the Tivoli. :yahoo: Congrats! And good luck deciding.

you are a little on the short side :smile: (nothing wrong with that) i think the speedy 25 you will look so cute carrying it...maybe the speedy 30 is a little to big and the tivloi PM is heavier..just trying to be practical....Goodluck :smile:

I have both the Tivoli PM and Speedy 25 (damier, azure and monogram). I love them all, but my Speedy 25 Damier is the most loved and used. Tivoli PM is so darn cute, but a bit on the heavy side.... good luck and let us all know what you chosed!

well.....i never ended up purchasing a bag but.......last night my boyfriend gave me the speedy 25 for my birthday present! i absolutely love it and can't wait to debut it today!!!

Tivoli PM - as I'm buying for myself too :P
I'm petite, barely 5ft and weigh less than 100lbs
I have the same problem, whether to choose Speedy or Tivoli
After a long decision making process, I finally choose Tivoli - and it's a good choice!
I'm glad I choose Tivoli :smile:

Diz - how fantastic! Of course this lovely surprise now opens up a whole new discussion of what to purchase! I was about to vote for the Speedy for what it's worth, it's an iconic LV piece, so even if you don't acquire any more LVs, you have chosen very well as this would probably be the bag most people would choose. I have a few Speedys, I love these as great everyday bags. My only Speedy I have yet to carry is my Watercolor Aquarelle, I am never as keen on my white bags for some reason, I guess I am old fashioned and like my shoes and bag to tie in and I don't like white shoes much! I am super careful with my bags, however, in hindsight should really have thought more about the white lining in the Watercolor as it is not overly practical. I like to keep my bags pristine as part of a collection, that's not to say I don't actually carry my LVs, I do every day. I just rotate them daily and am super careful with some favourites, some of which are very rarely carried if at all. I hope you enjoy your bag and with love and care it should last a lifetime.

I am 5'1. I got Tivoli pm for my first LV and I love love love it :smile: Then next LV for me was damier speedy 25. I first tried 30 but I think it looked too big on me. I had people telling me that my speedy 25 is sooo small! But when they saw me carrying it, they agree that it looks good on me.
To be honest, I have been carrying my speedy out a lot more as it has no vachetta. It's been raining lots where I am lately.
In conclusion, I'd say get Tivoli first and speedy next as it will be around for a while :smile:
Whatever you decision is, you cannot go wrong with either ^o^