My first LV - its an Epi Bowling Montaigne GM *PICs*

Thanks everyone for your great compliments and comments!

glamstudio - I did try on the pm very briefly at the boutique and liked the look of the gm more, the gm is also a bit roomier.

kuuipo627 - did you find this bag to be heavy when you have stuff in it? I just weighed my bag w/ my things in it and its a whopping 6 lbs!

sarah2808 - well, at least you got the booklet, paper tags and model # tag. I specifically ask the SA about those and he said there wasn't any. :sad: i really want all the paper work w/ my bag.

Ghost55 - I was looking on Let-Trade about a week ago....but DH kept saying that LV may not fix any issues if bag was purchased from unauthorized (re)seller. I keep saying that LV doesn't care as long as the bag is authentic but he doesn't think so. Does anyone know whether LV keeps track (can they?) or care where a bag comes (should it be brought in to be fixed) from as long as its authentic?

girsgottoshop - yeah, I'm thinking it looks a bit big on me too, but it does carry everything I need on a daily basis, and the style is great!

At this point, my main concern is the weight. My arm and shoulder aches after carrying it for awhile. Maybe carrying this will help trim my arms and slim/shape them up. :P Or maybe I should upgrade it to the Suhali Le superbe...sigh...

btw, what do you do when you travel through the airport security w/ your LV bags? I was travelling all of yesteraday and had put my lovely ivorie Epi Montaigne GM in a tray/bin to go through the xray when the 'handlers' took it out of the bin and let it roll/slide across those disgustingly dirty rollers and conveyer belt! :wtf: I was freaking :mad: cause when it came out the other end, there were dirt smugs along the ridges! Luckily, like many of you say, it wipes offs, but I was totally wanted to :smash: the guy that took my bag out of the bin.

btw, I saw a mother/daughter duo w/ mom carrying a baby blue Hermes Birkin and the daughter carrying a black Fendi Spy while waiting to get on board the plane. Its the first time I've seen the Spy up close (she was in the next seat in the waiting area) and its not as scary as I'd imagine (from the photos on the net and afar, the handles on the Spy had always looked like some freakish insect legs).

I also saw a guy w/ the damier messenger and a lady w/ a black Epi alma on the flight. :tup:

GREAT first bag ! :yes:

And the receipts may say some generic thing like "Vuitton luggage" especially if it's from a concession stand. My local Vuitton is only a lease counter, so they don't actually have all of their items in the system and use a separate inventory besides the store system so everything says "Vuitton" and then the model is written in by hand.

congrats on your first LV and esp it being an ivorie montaigne gm at that! i have one too and it doesn't state the size anywhere on/in the bag. my lock and keys were already on the bag and in the clochet. mine did come with the 2 tags inside.

you should keep it, it looks amazing!

What a great 1st LV purchase! My 1st LV 15 years ago was a Danube LOL!

When I buy my LVs all the locks are on them and the paper are inside the bags. The receipts are in the yellowish LV envelops.

PS What a sweet hubby you have....

WOW - you look great with that bag!

attachment.php