My first LV...Galliera PM

I think the bag looks just right for your body size. This is the first time I've seen a pic of the Galliera PM and now I want one too! I was originally planning to get the Damier Trevi PM, but now I'm on the fence!!! :sos:

Stupid question... what's the BH? Been racking my brain here (and god knows I've stared at the LV website for hours on end :girlsigh:) but I'm drawing a blank :confused1:
BH is Batignolles Horizontal, a tote that looks more wider than tall :smile:

Keep it!!! Mine is on the way by Fedex tomorrow!!!! Can't wait!!! Its a great everyday bag I've been looking for, nice design infront with the leather piping, no zipper, easy access, single strap and my better half can dump anything into it, and I won't complain a single bit. I don't think LV ever has this format of bag before??

Before I've contemplated on the BH and Neverfull, until the SA showed me the Galliera. Unsure, walked out of the LV store, and then came back to find none left!! Just 20 minutes and all are sold! The worst part was having to see the two lucky ladies holding the 2 new Gallieras left in the store while the SA tried to look for one for me!

The more I look at the Galliera PM, the more I like it!!! It grows on you!!

I hope you keep your LV Galliera PM! It looks sooo good on you! I can't wait til I meet up with my husband in a week's time... this is his wedding anniversary gift for me!!! My LV wishlist just goes on and on... :heart:

Thank you everyone for all of the wonderful advice. I really have thought long and hard about this bag and I ended up returning it.

Here is why:

First of all the price. Over $1K for your first LV is tough. I normally spend around $700 to $750 on my bags so I am almost there. Give me some time!LOL

Second, I thought the bag was too big for me. I knew that if I felt that way I would not carry it as much. I know myself and I know that if I buy a big bag and try to get used to it I may like it for a while but then later end up regretting my purchase. I have done this too many times.

The third reason is that it is a flashy bag. Not many people here carry LV and I started thinking about when I would carry it. It came down to I would carry it shopping and a few other places but that was it. There are so few LV's here and it would stick out (and that isn't bad but no one I know spends as much on bags as I do.). When I first saw the Galliera I had been looking at the BH and I saw the Galliera I fell in love with it. So I just decided to get it. But when I saw it in person and tried it on I didn't have THAT feeling. The feeling that I just HAD to keep this bag and never part with it. I kept thinking, I would keep this bag if it was just a little smaller. I loved everything about it except for the size.

The last thing that sealed the deal and made me return it was a sweet friend that I have here on tPF. I emailed her the pics and she told me to return it. She didn't like it on me and I really trust her opinion. We consult each other on bag purchase so I really trusted her opinion.

I am going to try out the BH. I know it isn't as beautiful as the Galliera but I really don't want a bag that is too flashy. I just need a more muted bag for where I live. If I love the BH then maybe in a year or so I will get the Galliera. I just need a warm up bag first, does that make sense? LOL

Do you all think the BH feels smaller than the Galliera? There is no Lv for me to go try it on at. :tdown:

Again, thank you all for the great advice and compliments! You all are great here and I hope to stick around the LV forums more! I love it here. Hopefully soon I will be a LV owner myself.

You made a very thought through decision-congratulations! I tried on the BH once and found it a very good size-it is not sticking out on the sides and for my body it was better then the vertical version-it sound like it has everything you are looking for in a bag-I hope you feel "it" when you see her in real life!

Thank you everyone for all of the wonderful advice. I really have thought long and hard about this bag and I ended up returning it.

Here is why:

First of all the price. Over $1K for your first LV is tough. I normally spend around $700 to $750 on my bags so I am almost there. Give me some time!LOL

Second, I thought the bag was too big for me. I knew that if I felt that way I would not carry it as much. I know myself and I know that if I buy a big bag and try to get used to it I may like it for a while but then later end up regretting my purchase. I have done this too many times.

The third reason is that it is a flashy bag. Not many people here carry LV and I started thinking about when I would carry it. It came down to I would carry it shopping and a few other places but that was it. There are so few LV's here and it would stick out (and that isn't bad but no one I know spends as much on bags as I do.). When I first saw the Galliera I had been looking at the BH and I saw the Galliera I fell in love with it. So I just decided to get it. But when I saw it in person and tried it on I didn't have THAT feeling. The feeling that I just HAD to keep this bag and never part with it. I kept thinking, I would keep this bag if it was just a little smaller. I loved everything about it except for the size.

The last thing that sealed the deal and made me return it was a sweet friend that I have here on tPF. I emailed her the pics and she told me to return it. She didn't like it on me and I really trust her opinion. We consult each other on bag purchase so I really trusted her opinion.

I am going to try out the BH. I know it isn't as beautiful as the Galliera but I really don't want a bag that is too flashy. I just need a more muted bag for where I live. If I love the BH then maybe in a year or so I will get the Galliera. I just need a warm up bag first, does that make sense? LOL

Do you all think the BH feels smaller than the Galliera? There is no Lv for me to go try it on at. :tdown:

Again, thank you all for the great advice and compliments! You all are great here and I hope to stick around the LV forums more! I love it here. Hopefully soon I will be a LV owner myself.

Hi, I was the one who wrote that I also returned the Galliera PM and that I LOVED my BH. It sounds like you and I share some of the same considerations ;) The BH does feel smaller than the Galliera, but not by a ton. Its more that the shape of the bag is completely different, right? The BH is basically a cute tote for the most part, but you can adjust the buckles at the ends to make it a little roomier or thinner. It is also a little slouchy/floppy so it can look a little casual when laying around or on the shoulder - it isn't structured like the Galliera or some other bags - its very soft that way. Size wise I can fit my MacBook in there so I also use it for work and biz travel in addition to daily stuff with my toddler. I think it is a great choice for you if you want a clean looking, classic, timeless LV that you will use for daily life (going out at night you'd want a different bag however if you want something dressier or funkier) I think it is perfect. You can also dress it up a little with a scarf or bag charm. I will try to load a couple pics of mine...Good luck on your next purchase :heart:

Attachments

• IMG_3907.jpg
    IMG_3907.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3908.jpg
    IMG_3908.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 304
Hi, I was the one who wrote that I also returned the Galliera PM and that I LOVED my BH. It sounds like you and I share some of the same considerations ;) The BH does feel smaller than the Galliera, but not by a ton. Its more that the shape of the bag is completely different, right? The BH is basically a cute tote for the most part, but you can adjust the buckles at the ends to make it a little roomier or thinner. It is also a little slouchy/floppy so it can look a little casual when laying around or on the shoulder - it isn't structured like the Galliera or some other bags - its very soft that way. Size wise I can fit my MacBook in there so I also use it for work and biz travel in addition to daily stuff with my toddler. I think it is a great choice for you if you want a clean looking, classic, timeless LV that you will use for daily life (going out at night you'd want a different bag however if you want something dressier or funkier) I think it is perfect. You can also dress it up a little with a scarf or bag charm. I will try to load a couple pics of mine...Good luck on your next purchase :heart:

Thank you for that post! You hit the nail on the head! That is exactly what I want for my first LV. A timeless classic bag that doesn't feel as big as the Galliera and I think the BH is that! The BH and the Galliera have similar size dimensions and I don't mind that as long as the BH feel smaller. It sounds like ti does. I am going to get that one I think! I am going to Boston next month so I just might wait until then when I can go into a LV store and try a BH on. I think it just might be the bag I am looking for. Thanks for the pictures!

i love it and i think the galliera pm looks fantastic on you! i wish i would have waited to get the galliera gm instead of my bh - i guess the grass is always greener on the other side.