My first LV & a slight disappointment

AsianMew

Nov 7, 2010
Hello, everyone :smile:

Some of you may know me from my previous post about me getting excited about receiving my package soon.

I am super super super happy, because yesterday i went to see Linkin Park @ the O2 - it was ah-mazing!!!! ( i know off topic :P)

&& this morning, I've recevied my LV (happiness limits jumped off the limit bar xD)

Guess what timeless beauty did i purchase ;) Drum roll please :smile:

But however, i was disappointed because it didn't come folded or in a box, it came with this HUGEEEEEEEEE (slight exaggeration) As if i could fit more than one LV in that box :wtf:

My LV looks like it came off the display as well - i am probably assuming too much eh?
But, the handles look tacky, not extremely tacky, but it looks like it has finger nail marks scratched in to it. D:

Also, i am sure the keys & lock came in a box not attached to the D ring?

I did call the CS up, the female ( always the same female whenever i ring up) Said it was not from the display, because i ordered online, the bag came from the warehouse. & of course, i believe that LV is lying to their new and old customers... you know why? Because i asked if i was allowed to exchange, she said yes, but i said isn't there a shortage? she said no there isn't. sooo hmmmm, LV is up to something huh? :o

But nevertheless, i am happy with my purchase but also slightly disappointed.

Attachments

• DSC0016711.JPG
    DSC0016711.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC0016612.JPG
    DSC0016612.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC0017813.JPG
    DSC0017813.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 502
  • DSC0017514.JPG
    DSC0017514.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 356
when i ordered my speedy on line.. thats exactly how i received mine.. not folded up but, perfectly structured in a the same box as you. I did however have my key/lock in a box. The second bag the keys/lock were attached to the bag. I'm sure every bag is different. Can't explain the scratch . but, if it bothers you...you should exchange it..

hm, that scratch would bother me personally. i've only ever purchased at the boutique, so i don't know how it works with online purchases, but if i were you i might exchange.

at the same time, there is worldwide shortage, so it might be really hard to get a hold of another in better condition. so maybe just keep it like everyone else is saying in light of the current situation?

Is it a Speedy 35? If so then it would come in that size box because they don't make hard-sided boxes for Speedies bigger than 30. This is exactly how I received mine. I mean honestly I think you're being way too picky about it. So what if the keys/lock were attached to the D-ring? Are you really going to keep the tiny box paper they're wrapped in? And in a few weeks you aren't even going to notice the almost unnoticeable marks on the handles, because I'm sure there will more, or dirt, or patine, since you'll be using it. You should be glad you got one when there is a "shortage."

Agree if your not happy exchange it, I was told that an exchange with web/phone orders can take about 3 weeks for your replacement to get back to you! however you can change it in store!...thats if they have any in stock!!

Last edited:
Congrats and I wouldn't worry about it !:biggrin:

I personally prefer that the bag NOT be folded, since I feel it being folded would bend it out of shape. As for the lock and box, I wouldn't know as I've only purchased from the store.

But if it really irks you, I'd go for an exchange, keeping in mind that there is a shortage and it may take longer to get a replacement.

Is it a Speedy 35? If so then it would come in that size box because they don't make hard-sided boxes for Speedies bigger than 30. This is exactly how I received mine. I mean honestly I think you're being way too picky about it. So what if the keys/lock were attached to the D-ring? Are you really going to keep the tiny box paper they're wrapped in? And in a few weeks you aren't even going to notice the almost unnoticeable marks on the handles, because I'm sure there will more, or dirt, or patine, since you'll be using it. You should be glad you got one when there is a "shortage."

I bought my Speedy 35 from the LV store, and yes it was folded and put in the hard cardboard box. At least in the stores they have big, flat boxes :smile:

I don't agree with this at all - if there are scratches or abnormal indentations on a brand new bag's handles, it's in no way being picky if the OP wants to return the bag.

Of course, OP, you should consider whether you're willing to wait for another bag because there is a shortage at the moment, and no-one knows for sure how long that will continue. But if the marks bother you, return it - you paid top dollar for a new bag and should have received one in perfect condition.

I understand there is a shortage, Everyone else & i was in the same position waiting for the bag we want. It is the Speedy 30, i did ring up CS, she said speedies 30, 35 & 40 come in a huge box. I am not picky, since it's my first speedy, just like me and everyone else - we all expect items to be perfect, clean and in good condition. I've seen many videos on Youtube, their speedies 30, 35 etc came in folded and wrapped up in a dust bag placed in a box. again, i expected mine to come in that form as well. but some how i didn't. :biggrin: My brother agreed with some people, that the flaw is not noticable, so i'm not bothered about it now. :smile: