My first Louis =)

Ohh la la!!!! Gorgeous! :nuts: What will you use it for (as in everyday use or traveling etc)? I can't quite tell how big it is - I see the dimenions but it is always different in person!!

Congrats on the Gorgeous bag! :love:

I'm a tad jealous!!

Megs said:
Ohh la la!!!! Gorgeous! :nuts: What will you use it for (as in everyday use or traveling etc)? I can't quite tell how big it is - I see the dimenions but it is always different in person!!

Congrats on the Gorgeous bag! :love:

I'm a tad jealous!!

:love: I'm in total bag love!! It's actually the perfect size for everyday use--the mini/smaller one is almost more of an evening bag--fits only a wallet, keys, cell--while the larger one is more the size of the luella baby giselle or the a chloe satchel I looked at today. It's smaller/more tailored than the Speedy 30, and it has a more firm shape and bottom, so it isn't supposed to "slouch" as some folks say the speedy does, plus, special ordering a speedy damier would take 4 mos, and I didn't want to wait that long:embarasse ....I can fit my wallet, cell, keys, tiny notebook, sunglasses, small makeup kit, and a my hat scarf & gloves...we'll see what else I can stuff in there on a busy day!:love: I'm so tired tonight after a day of holiday shopping (King of Prussia mall was INSANE!!) so I will have to take my new bag out tommorow for a trial run :love: :nuts:

Very nice!
I was thinking about this one as well. Although the only thing I am afraid of is that it seems too bulky.
Please let me know how it is for everyday use. Thx.

Let us know how the trial run goes!!! The bag is gorgeous!!!

I'm on the look out for my winter bag- so I need to start thinking and this bag just may make it on my list!!

Love it ! I thought the same when I was checking them out (e.g. comparing them to the Speedy). It's a great choice, and well, I'm afraid I have to break it to you, this is probably not going to be your last Louis Vuitton, they're so addictive !! :biggrin:

Heh! No kidding. Bought my first Louis two weeks ago (Batignolles Horizontal), and had to go back a week later for another (Speedy 30). Now I keep perusing their site to see what's next for me (though it will have to wait until next year with the holidays coming up).

ayla said:
Love it ! I thought the same when I was checking them out (e.g. comparing them to the Speedy). It's a great choice, and well, I'm afraid I have to break it to you, this is probably not going to be your last Louis Vuitton, they're so addictive !! :biggrin:

Uhoh! Like Pseub, I've already been looking at eluxury and the LV site again:embarasse Mostly b/c after buying any bag I get wicked buyers remorse :unsure: and fill it with my stuff, and carry it around the house with different clothing combos, you get the picture:embarasse . I cleaned house today, slept in, and didn't even head out to take it out on a trial run--I was a lazy bum!:P I do think that it's a substantial bag, but the smaller one looked like I was holding a bag for a little girl--this size is much better proportioned to my 5'7 frame. And, I don't want something too squishy, so the speedy probably wouldn't do. And I like the Petite Modele, but I think I'm a bigger Damier fan, so I think I should stop second guessing myself, b/c this bag is the one :nuts: :love:

pseub said:
Heh! No kidding. Bought my first Louis two weeks ago (Batignolles Horizontal), and had to go back a week later for another (Speedy 30). Now I keep perusing their site to see what's next for me (though it will have to wait until next year with the holidays coming up).

That's awesome, I love the Batignolles, both the original and Horizontal version and was eying it for quite some time before I gave up since my finances just won't allow for it yet ! Don't worry, we're both in the hold off on buying handbags boat together, although I think I'm going to go buy some Coach to tide my handbag addiction over ! :smile:

CCbagaholic said:
Uhoh! Like Pseub, I've already been looking at eluxury and the LV site again:embarasse Mostly b/c after buying any bag I get wicked buyers remorse :unsure: and fill it with my stuff, and carry it around the house with different clothing combos, you get the picture:embarasse . I cleaned house today, slept in, and didn't even head out to take it out on a trial run--I was a lazy bum!:P I do think that it's a substantial bag, but the smaller one looked like I was holding a bag for a little girl--this size is much better proportioned to my 5'7 frame. And, I don't want something too squishy, so the speedy probably wouldn't do. And I like the Petite Modele, but I think I'm a bigger Damier fan, so I think I should stop second guessing myself, b/c this bag is the one :nuts: :love:

Alright ! That's the spirit. :biggrin:

I think one of the biggest pros of the Damier line are how the handles are already dark, so you don't have to worry about getting stains on raw vachetta or darkening where your hands usually hold the handles.

Anyways, it was a great purchase and I'm so jealous of you ! :embarasse